White's M6 VDI Readings

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Unless something goes wrong I am going to buy a used M6 from our sponsor Tony. I research all I can when I am thinking about buying a detector and came across this post from another forum. I am posting this here with permission for any of you M6 users and most likely would be helpful for the MXT. Remember it is always better to rely on the sound of the beeps first then look at the meter next. I hope the charts show up. Steve.

This was posted after the initial posting -

I'm willing to bet that just avoiding numbers from like 22 or 23 to 34 or 35 instead of 20 to 37 as shown above will avoid eighty some percent of the tabs.

Attachments

• COINS.jpg
    COINS.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 3,286
  • RINGS.jpg
    RINGS.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,603
I haven't been able to tell the difference from pull tabs and my gold wedding ring. Pulltabs sound 'sweet' and I dig-em-all. I've only had the M6 for a little over a month now, but I don't think I ever will be able to weed out a ring among them. Besides, I give them to my Daughter who takes them to school for fund-raising. Needless to say she brings in the most.

I haven't been able to tell the difference from pull tabs and my gold wedding ring. Pulltabs sound 'sweet' and I dig-em-all. I've only had the M6 for a little over a month now, but I don't think I ever will be able to weed out a ring among them. Besides, I give them to my Daughter who takes them to school for fund-raising. Needless to say she brings in the most.

I too can't tell.........So I dig um all!!

M6

Dont let em discourage you SkiWhiz. Its just like with any other detector, you gonna dig the junk to get the jewelry. Those numbers are for reference, dont let em make you lazy.
I hunt in a single tone most times, with a 5.3 coil. I get a repeatable beep,I look at the number,push the trigger forward and get another sound reading,repeatable?? If it is, I dig. Sometimes its a decent one way signal, with a good tone when I push the trigger forward. Check the numbers,and if they stay high, I check it out. It doesnt take long to do this,you dont have to sit there 15 minutes, swinging, checking, reading, just a few seconds.
The M6, you can really slow down to work a signal and make your decision.
Round pieces of iron, you can rub the edge of the coil up next to them and it will give you a double beep even if it falses. The round aluminum caps will get ya tho, but once you dig several in an area and get a feeling for how deep they are, you can ignore that number.
You can work it like a none TID machine, just ignore the meter, put a bag over it if you have to. But , if youre limited on time, it makes a good cherry picker.
I was hunting a tot lot about a week back, I had several small quiet signals, small pieces of aluminum, (actually quite a few of em,lol) then I got this one signal that was just like the small aluminum signals , but it sounded smooth. It was a small gold ear ring stud. I wasnt even watching numbers that day, just listening.
Your gonna like that machine I believe, I know you like the Tesoros and it is similar to them, just a simple machine thats fun to use but is a serious detector.
Im not knocking another machine because really, they are all pretty darn good machines now days.
Best
John

Hi everybody! I too am starting with an M6 this season. I also wisely researched on it before miraculously rounding up the $$$. I've been able to use it just a little, but can tell even this early on, that the audio is fantastic! There are so many ways that any single tone can come across. It's amazing!! :music: I can't wait to have some serious hours on this machine. I'm planning on starting off the season with some day hunts. That should rack up the hours a little faster for me. I think the graphs are great. Looks like they took a lot of time and care making. VDI is a wonderful reference. Even greater when it's explained in detail. I anticipate finding many great things with the M6, and hope you do the same. GL & HH.

Hi everybody! I too am starting with an M6 this season. I also wisely researched on it before miraculously rounding up the $$$. I've been able to use it just a little, but can tell even this early on, that the audio is fantastic! There are so many ways that any single tone can come across. It's amazing!! :music: I can't wait to have some serious hours on this machine. I'm planning on starting off the season with some day hunts. That should rack up the hours a little faster for me. I think the graphs are great. Looks like they took a lot of time and care making. VDI is a wonderful reference. Even greater when it's explained in detail. I anticipate finding many great things with the M6, and hope you do the same. GL & HH.

I hope you do well with it, I really like it.

Back
Top Bottom