Clearwater Beach 2/17?

kelpike

Elite Member
This post is probably not about what you think. At least it's not if your expecting me to post some nice finds. I am actually just wondering if any of you guys were hunting Clearwater on Monday between 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.? I was there hunting between those times. I saw one guy leaving with a detector as I arrived and then maybe an hour into detecting I could see another guy swinging away in the dry. My wife said she saw one guy by himself and then two guys hunting together. In case any of you are wondering, I did not find anything worth posting. I found a handful of bottle caps, one bobby pin, a piece of wire and one penny. I did find what appears to be part of a broken bracelet. It is gold with a number of very small diamond bits but I'm pretty sure its not real gold or real diamonds. It did feel real good to be swinging again as we are pretty snowed in back home. I did enjoy myself and Clearwater is a very beautiful beach. Some of you guys are very lucky to live near there.

This post is probably not about what you think. At least it's not if your expecting me to post some nice finds. I am actually just wondering if any of you guys were hunting Clearwater on Monday between 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.? I was there hunting between those times. I saw one guy leaving with a detector as I arrived and then maybe an hour into detecting I could see another guy swinging away in the dry. My wife said she saw one guy by himself and then two guys hunting together. In case any of you are wondering, I did not find anything worth posting. I found a handful of bottle caps, one bobby pin, a piece of wire and one penny. I did find what appears to be part of a broken bracelet. It is gold with a number of very small diamond bits but I'm pretty sure its not real gold or real diamonds. It did feel real good to be swinging again as we are pretty snowed in back home. I did enjoy myself and Clearwater is a very beautiful beach. Some of you guys are very lucky to live near there.
Clearwater is a beautiful beach but paying to park and the large number of hunters there always turned me off. Years ago before they chopped up the parking lots to build that monster hotel, it was a much nicer beach. In the summer parking, depending on the lot, costs $2.25 an hour and on weekends every lot will be closed by 2pm because they are full. You can burn up $$$ really fast there if you can get a spot. It is a good beach to night hunt. There are lots that are free after 6pm. That place always looks like a MD convention. One trip there this past summer I counted 7 water hunters and 3 wet/dry sand hunters. Hopefully you stayed at a hotel on the beach to avoid the parking.

That day we all hunted together there were 5 others IN the water making the total of 9. Gets to be crowdy fast during recent drop times. Timeing can be everything there. Also.... those arent you typical i dont know how to hunt guys either, most are very good.

Dew

I can remember years back you could hunt from all the way from the north end down to the breaker, and maybe run into one guy and he hunted the dry sand and sometimes the wet sand, now it's like on a Monday 15 guys hunting and most of them in the water, it used to be one of my best beaches to hunt, not now. HH

It is a big main beach and when you live in Tampa and want to go to a pretty beach, that's where you go,,,,and yes, guys with machines head there also,,,,,real hit and miss,,,,definitely more people hunting than I like hunting with,,,,,but put the time in, like any other beach, you will find stuff,,,in fact tomorrow Dew and I are going to a beach near where we live that is just that,,,,,doesn't mean you wont find anything, just normally you will spend more hunts there sometimes to find it,,,,I saw like 4 MD commercials watching the Olympics,,,,,,maybe someday we will get gold medals for finding gold rings,,,,,:laughing:GL HH

Best part is being able to send a TXT message back to your friends that shows apic of you and the local temp in the 80's. Nothing is ever bad about that.

Over here on the NE, Atlantic side, I took my 3 year old out to make sand castles. There was an average of 12" new sand piled on top of the already sanded in stuff. On top of that, there were a bunch of tourists swinging single freq-machines....albeit, their coils were about 12-15 off the ground. Between their machines and techniques, I don't know if they could find a beer can on top of the sand, but hey, they looked like they were enjoying themselves.

Back
Top Bottom