False readings on BH lone star

papajohn

I have been using my bounty hunter lone star for about 2 months now.Each time I go out for a hunt what the reading says and what comes out of the ground are never the same.Cans read iron,gold to a high pich silver.I found bullet casings reading iron to 5c.My question is...is this normal or is my MD messed up and am I missing the good stuff?I set the sensitivity to 3/4 or 3 o clock and dis to 1/4 or 9-10 o clock.most of the time on all medal or coin shoot mode.

check this

I started with one last year, had same problem after looking at my knobs i turned them both all the way counter clockwise then marked them and removed and moved them one spline same direction . and then practiced and found the best settings to be 11am sen. and 1-2pm. discrim. this worked well for most if real wet soil turn sens down to 9 am position. we now have ace 250's hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip.I put in for my Garrett dealers lic just waiting for them to finalize it and then I will get the AT PRO...I wasn't sure if I would like the hobby hence the reason for the BH purchase first.How are you likeing the ace 250?

ace 250

yes I like the ace but was wanting to upgrade to at pro this season but money just wasn't there, maybe next year

Same problems I have. The cans seem to always throw weird readings. Had a few on here tell me that was normal. Cheap detector to start the hobby seems to make it more frustrating.

BH can be good for some people. but can really make a person quit the hobby. Digging trash all the time can be really frustrating.

You will still dig trash with a better machine. usually its LESS trash.

My buddy greg has had a bounty hunter he got at a yard sale for 10$ a couple years ago, and has found a heavily WORN bust half, a large cent, a few silver merc/rosies, a silver ring, and many wheats, and plenty of clad. but he dig A LOT of pop tops, screw caps, nails, and CANS.

but his 10$ investment has paid itself 10x in the clad alone.

Put your time in at quality sites, you will find good finds!!

Did you setup a test garden to find the best settings for your system?

GOOD LUCK happy hunting.

Try this

I think I have figured out the BH.I put both the sen and disc on the blue and yellow circle in disc mode and on this setting only trash that was reading bottle caps if it almost touch the coil but I can still see silver and gold.

Also I read that a coin will beep serval times as the coil passes over a coin vs trash will only once.So I tried it with a penny and a bottle cap.when the bottle cap was passed under the coil only 1-2 beeps where heard,but when using a coin each part of the coil beep the small and large circle.So I quess for now on I will only dig something that beeps serval times on one pass.

Back
Top Bottom