I have never detected an untouched virgin Park here in the USA, UNTILL NOW!

deetecting

I have never detected an untouched virgin Park here in the USA, UNTILL NOW!
It was hiding in plain sight less than 2 miles from my home. It’s the smallest park I ever worked, but it has yield the most clad coinage I have ever encountered in my 33 years of detecting I started swinging there memorial day weekend I have gone back a total of 3 times and worked it a total of 10 hours only and it has yielded over 600 coins mostly clad quarters, there was so far 550 quarters. There are lots of dimes but I stopped digging the dimes and focused on the quarters and the higher signals. Because there were just so many targets. you could not walk 3 steps without getting a hit on a quarter. I also found 5(yes five) one dollar coins (clad ) but still I have only found 2 other clad $1.00 coins my entire 33 years detecting. I did not find a single piece of silver and I figure there are just way to many top side coins stealing there signals so I have my work cut out for me. I have to clean up and recover all the clad coins first before I get the silver. But please don’t get me wrong I have already counted over $140.00 in us currency and when I do the math well at this rate its better than having a part time job it’s like $14.00 an hour. I took pictures during the clean-up process of the 2nd and third visit. I will be working this park over the entire summer I know once I get the rest of the clad coins off the surface there has to be silver begging to be found By the way I only dug 5 pieces of trash the entire 10 hours I worked this park but I didn’t really dig and funny signals and no I don’t think I am missing any gold rings because I did recover a dozen or so nickels. enjoy the pictures if I can get them to load
dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

Keep us posted on future finds there, I'm extremely curious as to what you may pull out once the modern clad is cleared out. Congrats on all the $$ :grin:

What do you think was going on in that park to shake loose so much clad? Large concerts, festivals, picnics?

I did a little research and found out the local high school and junior high held dances and carnivals there since 1942 Has to be some silver.
Going to read the tutorial on adding pics and try to correct that later or tomorrow and thanks for the links . I really want you all to see the piles of coins I filled an old green mason jar with the quarters.

I will double check with my photos again i did exactly what i was supposed with the url's i have my pics begin hosted by flickr and i knew many would be skeptical with out photos begin a new member and all hope to reslove the issue shortly if not i will paste my flickr url link here so people can see the pics in my photo stream right from flicker

I have a park in a small town close to me that I feel the same way about. I've pulled a lot of clad, including 12 1965 quarters. But no silver yet.

I know a 1965 quarter could have been dropped at any time, but I can't believe there isn't silver there.

I did a little research and found out the local high school and junior high held dances and carnivals there since 1942 Has to be some silver.
Going to read the tutorial on adding pics and try to correct that later or tomorrow and thanks for the links . I really want you all to see the piles of coins I filled an old green mason jar with the quarters.

I have a park in a small town close to me that I feel the same way about. I've pulled a lot of clad, including 12 1965 quarters. But no silver yet.

I know a 1965 quarter could have been dropped at any time, but I can't believe there isn't silver there.

The old time carnivals over the years would explain all the clad, back then many, maybe most, rides and snacks were likely less than a dollar, hence a lot of change being used. (also if there were any rides that made you go upside down and change fall out of your pockets :lol: )

Maybe the silver is deeper and you'll start noticing those signals once much of the clad is cleared.

Make a Photobucket account and its really easy, If you do and upload your pics there I can walk you through it in a matter of seconds...

I used to be Technical support for very large companies...

Last edited:
Ok, I had a chance to look over flickr and its pretty easy to post pics but you got to delete the extra !!!! that comes in with the copy.

You really should resize them before uploading though as they come across as big as you uploaded them. I use Irfanview to size and manipulate photos to post to forums... its real easy

35060023190_7bbb060c8d_k.jpg

35317184491_b06f4bf629_k.jpg

35317181591_663f1c1ec0_z.jpg

35060022220_edc8ebeb54_k.jpg

35060019100_e10afe2f33_k.jpg

35060016040_83db359d5c_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom