Considering Sea Hunter Mark II and Surf Pro PI

TimC

Elite Member
In the quest for a water machine I was wondering what you all thought of the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and the Whites Surf Pro PI. I have also considered the Excalibur. While the price of the Excalibur don't really bother much, the other two is much more appealing price wise, after all the extra money could buy some worth while accessories.

Thanks!

Tim, I own the PI and the Excal and prefer the PI for water use and the wet sand unless there is a lot of iron and I have 2 beaches that are like that but my other 20 or so beaches I hunt are all PI use.. I don't know much about the Seahunter but I do know a longtime member here was not impressed with it... I looked at it before I went with the PI PRO and couldn't be happier...

I have a PI Pro and while I do like it, I do not like finding and digging every damn bottle top and pull tab on the beach. I would go with the Excal if I had it to do over again. Get something that filters out the trash, not beeps on EVERYTHING.

Chris

I have a PI Pro and while I do like it, I do not like finding and digging every damn bottle top and pull tab on the beach. I would go with the Excal if I had it to do over again. Get something that filters out the trash, not beeps on EVERYTHING.

Chris

Ican, the Excal is going to find bottlecaps and pulltabs just like a PI the Excal will null out iron and bobbiepins but if look at Excal users posts when they post their finds they have just as many bottlecaps and pulltabs as PI users do.. :)

Ican, the Excal is going to find bottlecaps and pulltabs just like a PI the Excal will null out iron and bobbiepins but if look at Excal users posts when they post their finds they have just as many bottlecaps and pulltabs as PI users do.. :)

They might have SOME bottle caps, but sunday night I must have found at least 60-70 in the 4-5 hours I was out there:mad: . Not to mention all the beer cans, and some were really deep. Oh well, I bought the machine and I am going to use it until I find enough gold and diamonds to pay for an excal (at the rate I am going, probably about 15-20 years:lol: )

Chris

Chris, I post on another water hunting site besides here and Excals will find just as much in the way of pulltabs and bottlecaps as we will with our PI's..

I own an Excal and I use it on iron infested beaches and freshwater lakes but I prefer the PI because most of the beaches around here have very little in the way of trash in the water... I might find 1 or 2 pulltabs a trip and a couple of bottlecaps... Most of my junk consists of fishing stuff and bullets..

Here is a couple of posts from a couple of really good water hunters... They both have great finds but plenty of trash as well :)

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,579179,579179#msg-579179

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,579538,579538#msg-579538

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,579179,579179#msg-579179

Chris, I hunt mainly in the water and usually deep water where there is not much trash, I tend to stay in water waist to chest deep... :)

There is a great book by Clive James Clynick titled "Water Hunting" : Secrets of the Pro's... Its well worth the read :)

Sorry Tim for Hi-jacking your thread...

Back
Top Bottom