Swimming area finds

minereader

finds

I have been doing a little local water hole hunting with my old White's Amphibian. Taking advantage of low water levels caused by the drought. These pictures are a grouping of 5 ventures out, digging for about 2-3 hours each trip. Found 2 diamond rings, one having 18 very small, poor quality diamonds, one having a very small good quality diamond(both 14k). 2 -14k wedding bands, a few lesser quality rings, and one class ring(that I'm going to try to return to the owner). Found a bunch of earrings, a couple of silver chains, and a couple of gold bracelets. Most of the change has been dumped in the change jug, but what you see here was dug today(Tues). I had fun. Lord knows, it's been to dry to relic hunt. I enjoy beach hunting, also.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 553
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 547
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 537
Very nice Mine :) I'm starting to forget what rings look like as I haven't had any time to get out hunting... :(

I was going this morning, but all my bones and muscles ache too bad. Tomorrow will be another day, though. I feel like somebody beat me up!!

Nice job on all the rings! Can't wait to get my scoop to hit some swimming holes.

Great job Minereader looks like you found a sweet honey hole for sure Congrats

Went out this morning, and my hunting buddy had all the luck. He found a nice gold woman's ring with 3 large light-blue stones(I forget what you call them). He also found a gold chain bracelet, and I found 10k wedding band, along with a silver pendant and about 4.00 in change(and about 20 pull-tabs). It was alot of fun.

Went out this morning, and my hunting buddy had all the luck. He found a nice gold woman's ring with 3 large light-blue stones(I forget what you call them). He also found a gold chain bracelet, and I found 10k wedding band, along with a silver pendant and about 4.00 in change(and about 20 pull-tabs). It was alot of fun.

Nice stuff in your pix!! The same thing happens to me and the guy I hunt with, one day is his and then the next might be mine!! :D Where abouts do you hunt, in general that is. :roll:

Well, Ron, Most all small towns(around here) have local ponds, parks or swimming areas where the locals gather during the summer. There are also many river swimming holes that are fun to hunt.These places are many over here on the east coast, and the drought has lowered water levels so far that I cannot remember seeing them this low, making stuff available that has never been available before(at least in my lifetime). If there is anything "good" about a dry spell, I guess this is it. I DO wish it would rain, however(anytime after Monday will do).

Back
Top Bottom