Well We Got Some Rain, But Not Enough

beephead

Elite Member
After getting some rain and looking at the weather forecast, I figured today would be my best bet for awhile. The temperature stayed down below 80 for most of the hunt, but even with all the rain we got it only wetted the top few inches of the ground. We need more rain and it's in the weather forecast.

My first silver coin was a 1957 Rosie out of a nicely manicured yard. The grass was deep but I didn't have any trouble hitting the Rosie. It rang out loud and clear. Also the ground was nice and soft.

After leaving the first site, I headed out to next site that was located on a busy street with lots of power lines. The EMI was driving me crazy and the noisy vehicles made things even worse. I was wishing that I had brought my F75DST or my Cibola with the GB mod. They both do a great job handling EMI.

Even with all the noise I finally got my search coil over a slick 1936 Washington quarter. It was only about an inch deep. I sure thought that I had a clad quarter under the search coil and was happy to see a silver quarter pop out of the ground.

Hopefully, the weatherman has the forecast right and we get plenty of rain for next few days. Until then, I'm staying hunkered down.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpg
    IMG_1982.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 90
Nice hunt bh, I'd take 2 silver any day! The humidity over here is keeping me inside right now, I just can't take it anymore, time to get in the water I guess.

Back
Top Bottom