Probing for targets

When I first saw Kelco use the the Cobra name on that crap water machine I thought holy smokes a new Cobra. Because there is a Cobra II that they sell and A&S sell as well. It is actually a Discovery Electronics Treasure Baron. This thing is a killer metal detector one of the hottest machines I have ever used and the heaviest. Making the Garrett 2500 feel like a piece of paper. But the baron can be hipmounted, and they had snap in modules for whatever type of hunting you wanted to do. They are still available as Millennium Treasure Barons in a very lighter version as well. Very very hot machines. Heres some shots with the modules
http://www.jb-ms.com/Baron/Versions/

Rail Spike,  I know who sold it  to you,  I have been in their store  several times.  Nice place to visit,  but would'nt want to buy anything major there again. Odds and ends if i need it in a hurry.  The one thing they always seem to have on premises  when I asked  a question about  a detector IS  the actual person who field tested  that  particular model before  they decided to stock it  and  make it available to the great unwashed. (never try to BS  a BSer)  All of the american made  brands offer  a low priced detector  that will get  the job done..........Gil

I dont know about you guys but i think you all have it wrong!

I pinpoint with a back-hoe

In all seriousness we have to many rocks in our soil to make trying to pinpoint worthwhile.

I've been reading this thread and chuckling... Metal detecting stores whether they are large or small are in business to make money plain and simple and they are going tell you for the most part what you want to hear. Its buyer beware and do your research and ask questions of users of the the detectors you would like to buy. I researched for months before making my purchase and I bought detectors from this company that has been badmouthed in the past and have been very happy with my purchases.

Think about something else for a minute, think about the actual costs that go into making our metal detectors we use and enjoy think about how much money these manufacturers are making on us, think about all the dealers having to sell for the same price... This to me is price control and its BS in my book.

I'm happy with where I have purchased all my detectors and all my extra's... As long as you research and ask questions you shouldn't be burned.

In 31+ years of detecting and using almost everything on the market , including detectors I don't or didn't sell , there has been no detector that was "dead on" with regards to pinpointing everytime. Those who claim this are "inaccurate" at best.

Did i miss something? :?:

Craig, I hear ya, and agree............BUT........... The bending of the truth, mixed in with a lot of hype to feed on the newbies............and marketing of junk that does not live up to the minimum expectations sets a tone of poor ethics in a hobby that is trying to build itself on ethics. In my business, the largest competators got that way by misleading, overcharging, or otherwise taking advantage of the unsuspecting, and those that placed their TRUST in the "professionals". Sorry Bro, but I choose to wear my white hat, and look at myself in the mirror without shame. A clear concience is priceless!!!!

WThesing said:
Craig, I hear ya, and agree............BUT........... The bending of the truth, mixed in with a lot of hype to feed on the newbies............and marketing of junk that does not live up to the minimum expectations sets a tone of poor ethics in a hobby that is trying to build itself on ethics. In my business, the largest competators got that way by misleading, overcharging, or otherwise taking advantage of the unsuspecting, and those that placed their TRUST in the "professionals". Sorry Bro, but I choose to wear my white hat, and look at myself in the mirror without shame. A clear concience is priceless!!!!

Bill I'm not saying the store we are talking about is always on the up&up I had a run in with them over a chinese made detector that was supposedly wonderful... all I am saying is people are in business to sell and they are going to tell the new what they want to hear and its why newbies should research before plunking down bug bucks. If I did that in my business I would not get any new work lol...

As I said Craig, I hear ya , and agree. Furthermore, anyone who is willing to part with a couple of hundred to over a thousand bucks and not know what they are getting deserve what they receive for not taking the time.

Back
Top Bottom