Minelab ProFind

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Ok its been a few weeks now..lets here what you all think.

Here is my review....looks like the Garrett but does not compare in my eyes to it. Vibration is just not the same and the noise level is less probably due to the volume hole right where you place your hand. Now I do like the water resistant part..but if your careful garrett will be just fine with a bath. Overall its a fine pinpointer but not 50 bucks more!!!

Garrett wins!!!!

Thanks, Mike.
Been curious to see what peoples thoughts were on this Pointer.

I agree with Airforcemike 100%. My Minelab is in the closet.

The Vibration is bad
The sound is bad
The detection depth is bad
The holster is bad
The price is bad

When I say bad I mean compared to the Garrett

The durability might be better, but with it sitting in my closet I'll never know.

I wonder if Minelab knew they had a lemon on their hands and delayed the release?

If they want to sell them they better lower the price. And I'm not talking free Lesche. Because that deal was done with the Garrett also.

Come on Whites or Fisher there is room at the party.

I agree with Airforcemike 100%. My Minelab is in the closet.

The Vibration is bad
The sound is bad
The detection depth is bad
The holster is bad
The price is bad

When I say bad I mean compared to the Garrett

The durability might be better, but with it sitting in my closet I'll never know.

I wonder if Minelab knew they had a lemon on their hands and delayed the release?

If they want to sell them they better lower the price. And I'm not talking free Lesche. Because that deal was done with the Garrett also.

Come on Whites or Fisher there is room at the party.

I just got my at pro Monday an instantly realiZe a pinpointer BAD.
And Iv decided I'm gonna go with the minelab pro find25

Would you be interested in selling me yours?????
Please PM me if you will please!

****Or anyone else reading this sell me their minelab Propointer????***

I watched a bunch of reviews on the pro-find vs the Garrett last week to form an opinion and after looking into it, i would say:
If I needed to buy one and didn't already own a Garrett, and if the price was the same, I Might buy the Pro-Find.
Depth it only slightly better
I do like the feature to turn off the sound
the auto shutoff could be useful.

Other than that, I love the Garrett.

I rarely cut a plug off or not deep enough to find with GPP. Can't imagine the 1/4"+/- extended range of the Pro-Find to be needed.

The sensitivity control seems completely pointless since the greater the sensitivity, the more depth you loose. Pro-Find for me would always be cranked for max depth, so the adjustment is unnecessary to me.

Scraper Blade on the GPP is useful. Pro-Find lacks one.

I'll keep my GPP and if I buy a spare Pin -pointer, it wont be a Minelab unless the price comes down to that of the GPP or maybe $5-$10 less.

I like the Profind just fine but I have never owned a Propointer. I like it much better than the Pistol probe and It is about equal to the x1 in depth. I don't get the vibration not being strong enough unless you have loss of feeling in your hands. I have neuropathy in my hands from the chemo and it's still plenty strong enough for me. I think from the posts I have seen the profind is not any better than the propointer unless it has a better track record for dependability so it may not be worth the extra money. I needed a Lesche so I came out ok.

I have both and like both. When it is working, I give the edge to the GPP. But, if the switch in the PF25 turns out to be more robust, it will be a real workhorse and when the new wears off and the prices are the same that will be a real determining factor for many people. I hope that Garrett is working on a GPPII that addresses the very few (especially the button) issues as they will have Pinpointing Utopia.
These changes, in my mind, would be a skinnier GPP with volume up & down buttons and a new on/off button (all heavy duty). The On/OFF button should be able to be half pressed for momentary operation (it can now but needs a detent) and full pressed for on/off operation. Finally, make it waterproof (at least 10') and you have it wrapped up.
Again, I like the PF25 and it feel well made but when the button is not broke, I grab the GPP.

Im sure if you call or send Andrew a email the his sales team, check out his site you can find it there better than PMing him here he still has that going on. I like my profind..some do some dont! I prefer it actually.

Im sure if you call or send Andrew a email the his sales team, check out his site you can find it there better than PMing him here he still has that going on. I like my profind..some do some dont! I prefer it actually.

Wait a minute!! You started this thread saying you thought the Garrett was a better unit and now you say you prefer the Minelab?? What up widdat!!??

I like my profind..some do some dont! I prefer it actually.

i agree, at first i wasn't sold on the profind but the more i used it the more i grew to love it even more than my propointer, i haven't used my propointer now for months.

Back
Top Bottom