ATTN: Beach hunter ID owners!!!

Wannabegolddigger

Bad news and Good news: I was going to detecting the other day and noticed condensation in the case of by Whites Beach Hunter ID. I opened it up blew compressed air in it till everything was dry turned too the on position and ..........Nothing:no: . I called Whites and he asked me if I had the Black gasket or the Red gasket? I have the Black, he told me to send it in It needed to fit with the new Red gasket, everything is taken care of by Whites Warranty work exept shipping:yes: . So If you have a Beach Hunter ID you might want to send it in to get fit with the new gasket before your Warranty runs out.;)

Are you talking about the gasket on the main part of the box or the battery door gasket? I know my main box gasket is red but the battery door is black.

I posted this same subject last week.

My "ID" started acting up a couple weeks ago. I sent it in and they called the other day to get my cc# Seems the black seal in the main body is not up to par. The replacement gasket is an orange one to help Identify between the two. Unfortuneately for me, my guarantee was up:( . It was a 75 $ repair with the shipping. IMHO, these things should be on a recall basis. If you make a 750$ detector with a ten cent gasket:?: , it should be recalled. Other then that, I have no beef with the detector itself. It's been a good one....Gil

Are you talking about the gasket on the main part of the box or the battery door gasket? I know my main box gasket is red but the battery door is black.
It would be the Main gasket in the control box.

It was a 75 $ repair with the shipping. IMHO, these things should be on a recall basis. If you make a 750$ detector with a ten cent gasket , it should be recalled.
Agreed Grinsebring, thats why Im trying to get the word out.

They must have made the change to the new ones as mine is only about 5 months old. Has anyone ever had an issue with the battery door gasket?

Back
Top Bottom