A Story: Best MD comment from the Wife for the year.

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Tuesday, as I was heading out in the evening for a MD hunt, I went to the kitchen and kissed my wife goodbye before I left.

She leaned over, let me kiss her cheek, and asked, "Oh, plan on going out and scaring little kids like a creeper?"

I was a bit perplexed. Usually she is pleasant about me going. I emphatically said, "NO. I'm just going to a par.."

I didn't get to finish because she interrupted with, "Then you'd better zip up your pants, buddy-boy." Gave me a little grin and giggle, and went back to doing dishes.

I looked down, and properly adjusted my clothing. She totally got me. I had to just laugh. Yeah, she got me. End of story.

Skippy

:laughing::laughing: I tell you what Skip! For all the other forms of trouble and expense a married guy can get themselves into, Detecting has got to be the least worrisome for a Wife!!

Compared to other Sports like Golf, Bowling, Bass fishing, Deer/Duck hunting, Motocross, Scratchoffs, or even Fantasy Football! The expense is minimal, miniscule risk/danger, jewelry finds are frequently handed over, absolutely NO CHANCE of attracting the attention of a naughty and errant Floozy!...

So yeah! All things considered, Detecting has got to get the '100% Wife Approval' stamp for a married Mans Hobby!:laughing::laughing: Yeah, our Wives are Lucky alright! Its either this or doing a massive HO track layout in the basement! Although, if you asked them, their life would be PERFECT if they could keep us off the Forum!:laughing::laughing:

lol just get her o. The banwaggon with you Skip and Mud! But I'll have to agree Mud that's so true...great story Skip! Happy Hunting!!

MetalHead

:laughing::laughing: I tell you what Skip! For all the other forms of trouble and expense a married guy can get themselves into, Detecting has got to be the least worrisome for a Wife!!

Compared to other Sports like Golf, Bowling, Bass fishing, Deer/Duck hunting, Motocross, Scratchoffs, or even Fantasy Football! The expense is minimal, miniscule risk/danger, jewelry finds are frequently handed over, absolutely NO CHANCE of attracting the attention of a naughty and errant Floozy!...

So yeah! All things considered, Detecting has got to get the '100% Wife Approval' stamp for a married Mans Hobby!:laughing::laughing: Yeah, our Wives are Lucky alright! Its either this or doing a massive HO track layout in the basement! Although, if you asked them, their life would be PERFECT if they could keep us off the Forum!:laughing::laughing:

Definitely. Wife often asks if I'm seeing someone, which is why I go out metal detecting. We always just both laugh. Can't say metal detecting is a "chick picker-upper". Though one of her friends videod me one time in a park and commented during the video "here's your man... don't think you have to worry!"

Last edited:
Don't fear the creeper, he's just looking for gold, don't fear the creeper, the ring that fell off her hand, don't fear the creeper, skippy is the man!!!! :laughing: mud might like that one :lol: another case of mr. right and mrs. always right :D happy hunting!

:lol: that's funny! - where is the little Vienna Sausage emoji when you need one!

I just read this aloud to my wife and said "I don't even know what that means!" She said "more like Eggplant emoji!" and laughed, but then said "don't post that!!"

Yep. Best wife ever.

Last edited:
I just read this aloud to my wife and said "I don't even know what that means!" She said "more like Eggplant emoji!" and laughed, but then said "don't post that!!"

Yep. Best wife ever.

No wonder she's looking at your zipper. You know, you could do the ol' "Can you look at my face instead of my zipper when you talk to me?" thing to her.

No wonder she's looking at your zipper. You know, you could do the ol' "Can you look at my face instead of my zipper when you talk to me?" thing to her.

After 20+ years of Marriage, I'd be stupid to suggest such.

It's important not to mess with what works. And that's probably all I'm going to say on this subject. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom