1792 Site Permission!

UpStateMike

South New Berlin, NY. Basically the center of the
I was approached this morning about painting a mural/sign for a local restaurant. It's nestled in a small town in upstate NY and before being turned into a restaurant in the 80's it was a general store for many decades. Before that, the property housed a large hotel which partially burned down and a decade or so later a tornado (yes we get them occasionally in NYS) tore the roof off and they demolished it. So the property is soaked with history. The guy had a photo album of newspaper clippings, property maps, and it had images of the old sign he wants replaced. I did some laser fast scanning of what was on the property and out buildings.

Being a student to the game of metal detecting I saw the opportunity. After quoting a price for painting the sign I casually asked if the owner would mind if my son and me came by and metal detected. He chuckled and said, "absolutely!"

I'm still working on my "coin extraction without creating gopher holes" technique but now I have a great permission that should be pretty open ended unless I either a) botch the sign job or b) tear up the lawn. I plan to do neither.

I'll keep everyone posted and get some vague blurry images of the property to keep you guys and ladies off the scent! LOL.

Congratulations! We'll hope to see some amazing finds photos very soon!

Back
Top Bottom