Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old 04-28-2017, 02:48 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 4,335
Default

Originally Posted by ghound View post
LoL and the Impacts no lightweight at 4.2lb
I think the 4.2 lbs is with stock coil.

So shave some of the 4.2 off using smallest coil.

Handgrip position is also much better,,how it naturally fits angle wise when I use it vs CTX.

The gent I was hunting with,,I told him,my CTX just may be hitting the road soon.

Hard to understand how a company(Minelab) could get such a pricey detector so wrong in the weight, balance, and hand grip angle depts.

__________________
Minelab CTX, Minelab XS Explorer, Xp Deus, Blisstool V6, Minelab GPX 4500, Aka Signum, Nokta Impact, Nokta Relic

Reply With Quote


  #482  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:13 PM
jerr-man's Avatar
jerr-man jerr-man is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KANSAS
Posts: 2,521
Default

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
I think the 4.2 lbs is with stock coil.

So shave some of the 4.2 off using smallest coil.

Handgrip position is also much better,,how it naturally fits angle wise when I use it vs CTX.

The gent I was hunting with,,I told him,my CTX just may be hitting the road soon.

Hard to understand how a company(Minelab) could get such a pricey detector so wrong in the weight, balance, and hand grip angle depts.
Obviously, it is each persons personal preference but I happen to think the CTX3030 is balanced EXTREMELY WELL and with this balance compensates for the weight. I can swing it all day (and have), no problem. Just sayin.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2016 TOTALS 39 SILVERS, 22 INDIANS, 1 "V",12 rings
2017 TOTALS 9 SILVERS, 8 INDIANS, 1 RING
CTX 3030, XP DEUS, AT Propointer

Reply With Quote


  #483  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:20 PM
ghound ghound is online now
Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 153
Default

4.2lb is still a tad heavy, i think my Rutus with 11" coil is 3.7lb

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
I think the 4.2 lbs is with stock coil.

So shave some of the 4.2 off using smallest coil.

Handgrip position is also much better,,how it naturally fits angle wise when I use it vs CTX.

The gent I was hunting with,,I told him,my CTX just may be hitting the road soon.

Hard to understand how a company(Minelab) could get such a pricey detector so wrong in the weight, balance, and hand grip angle depts.
Reply With Quote


  #484  
Old 04-28-2017, 04:23 PM
detectingMO's Avatar
detectingMO detectingMO is online now
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 2,696
Default

Originally Posted by jerr-man View post
Obviously, it is each persons personal preference but I happen to think the CTX3030 is balanced EXTREMELY WELL and with this balance compensates for the weight. I can swing it all day (and have), no problem. Just sayin.
Yeah, the CTX is closer to 5lbs but I feel the balance, grip angle, and general design to be nearly the same as the Impact. Which is a great thing! all the makro's and Nokta's before have had too acute (racer 1) or obtuse (racer 2, fors) grip angle. Would seem to be very simple to match. Just clench a fist and measure the nuckles angle. Quick eyeball looks to be around 110 degrees.

Fisher, Teknetics, Tesoro, Garrett don't seem to have a problem with this. Glad to see Nokta and hopefully Makro following suit.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
discount code A1466 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote


  #485  
Old 04-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Bkeepes Bkeepes is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7
Default

Well I finally got a deal worked out and I want to thank Steve Carr from Kellyco. He was awesome probably got me the best deal ever with the Impact, wireless headset and a minelab go find 60 for my son! Let's put it this way I only spent 100 dollars over what the Impact pro pack costs so you can do the math on that one. All I can say is thanks Steve I have only purchased from kellyco but I was close to using another vendor. I was starting to have my doubts about them with a name not stated rep I was dealing with before.
Now all I have to do is wait for it to pass customs and be shipped to me! My son is so excited about having his own detector and I can't wait to take him with me. Well the 3yr old and 4yr old have to share for now but I also have an old BH timeranger one of them can use. Which i found my first silver with the time ranger 1942 merc! My only problem now is having to wait for this bad boy to arrive!

__________________
Minelab Etrac
Garrett propointer
My 4yr old son is currently using my old Bounty Hunter Time Ranger starting them young!

Reply With Quote


  #486  
Old 04-28-2017, 07:47 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 4,335
Default

Originally Posted by Bkeepes View post
Well I finally got a deal worked out and I want to thank Steve Carr from Kellyco. He was awesome probably got me the best deal ever with the Impact, wireless headset and a minelab go find 60 for my son! Let's put it this way I only spent 100 dollars over what the Impact pro pack costs so you can do the math on that one. All I can say is thanks Steve I have only purchased from kellyco but I was close to using another vendor. I was starting to have my doubts about them with a name not stated rep I was dealing with before.
Now all I have to do is wait for it to pass customs and be shipped to me! My son is so excited about having his own detector and I can't wait to take him with me. Well the 3yr old and 4yr old have to share for now but I also have an old BH timeranger one of them can use. Which i found my first silver with the time ranger 1942 merc! My only problem now is having to wait for this bad boy to arrive!
Congrats on your purchase and your children's purchase.

It won't be long,,,until the games will begin.
I think you'll enjoy your unit.
And just maybe you'll get them hooked.

Make them dig.

Cheers

__________________
Minelab CTX, Minelab XS Explorer, Xp Deus, Blisstool V6, Minelab GPX 4500, Aka Signum, Nokta Impact, Nokta Relic

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #487  
Old 04-28-2017, 09:08 PM
detectingMO's Avatar
detectingMO detectingMO is online now
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 2,696
Default

Got an hour in the mud. Really like it. Has elements of all my favorite single freq detector all rolled up in one.

Is it as good as good as FBS on coins? Nope
Is it as good or better than single freq detectors on coins? Absolutely

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
discount code A1466 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote


  #488  
Old 04-28-2017, 11:14 PM
Bkeepes Bkeepes is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
Congrats on your purchase and your children's purchase.

It won't be long,,,until the games will begin.
I think you'll enjoy your unit.
And just maybe you'll get them hooked.

Make them dig.

Cheers
Thanks! I have a feeling if they are anything like me it won't take long for them to be hooked! I just hope the Impact was a good choice on my part. It will definitely be a change from the Etrac but I'm hoping Its a good change. I just wish I could have tried it out first before buying it! Oh well I guess time will tell!

Just maybe it will find that gold coin I've been missing with the Etrac for 6 or so years! You never know and that's why I love this way of life called metal detecting!

__________________
Minelab Etrac
Garrett propointer
My 4yr old son is currently using my old Bounty Hunter Time Ranger starting them young!

Reply With Quote


  #489  
Old 04-28-2017, 11:14 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 4,335
Default

Originally Posted by detectingMO View post
Got an hour in the mud. Really like it. Has elements of all my favorite single freq detector all rolled up in one.

Is it as good as good as FBS on coins? Nope
Is it as good or better than single freq detectors on coins? Absolutely


What kind of site were you hunting??

__________________
Minelab CTX, Minelab XS Explorer, Xp Deus, Blisstool V6, Minelab GPX 4500, Aka Signum, Nokta Impact, Nokta Relic

Reply With Quote


  #490  
Old 04-28-2017, 11:17 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 4,335
Default

Originally Posted by Bkeepes View post
Thanks! I have a feeling if they are anything like me it won't take long for them to be hooked! I just hope the Impact was a good choice on my part. It will definitely be a change from the Etrac but I'm hoping Its a good change. I just wish I could have tried it out first before buying it! Oh well I guess time will tell!

Just maybe it will find that gold coin I've been missing with the Etrac for 6 or so years! You never know and that's why I love this way of life called metal detecting!
You are welcome.

You might find jewelry missed by Etrac.
You might find coins too missed by Etrac.

And I'll bet your arm,,wrist and shoulder feel better using Impact vs Etrac after hours of use.

__________________
Minelab CTX, Minelab XS Explorer, Xp Deus, Blisstool V6, Minelab GPX 4500, Aka Signum, Nokta Impact, Nokta Relic

Reply With Quote


  #491  
Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 AM
detectingMO's Avatar
detectingMO detectingMO is online now
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 2,696
Default

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
What kind of site were you hunting??
pretty clean school park. nothing challenging but familar and digging it all to learn. very nice

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
discount code A1466 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.