Question (suggestion) on Whites M6

Pastor

Just purchased a M 6 It doesn't work well in iron . I turned my discrimination all the way to coins . Iron is still there. Did ground balance first bobbed coil track on Used the presets also did not help. Did read the owner manual . Has stock coil on it. My sens was around 60 , no highlines near . Any suggestion would be welcome. Never had any issues with my IDX Pro in iron. Marcelle

Put it in tone mode, switch forward, and discrimination all the way down. You want to hear the low iron tones. Lock that track, if you can in your soil, and crank her till she chatters at ya. Strange you cannot suppress the iron, is it used? Doesn't sound like it's working properly. I can silence iron with no problem, but prefer to hear it in tone mode.

M6 has alot of "bleed thru" from iron, best thing to do is what Tabdigger said, drop your disc and let it thru with tone I'd on, that's what I do, it is frustrating at times.

I will have to see how mine runs with discrimination, I never use it. Hearing the iron is what makes it so great. You need to know if that false signal is you sweeping between two iron targets. You have to map out those iron targets while your hunting.

Put it in tone mode, switch forward, and discrimination all the way down. You want to hear the low iron tones. Lock that track, if you can in your soil, and crank her till she chatters at ya. Strange you cannot suppress the iron, is it used? Doesn't sound like it's working properly. I can silence iron with no problem, but prefer to hear it in tone mode.

I haven't tried your suggestion . It's a new detector.It will be next week before i go back. Thanks so much Marcelle

Back
Top Bottom