CZ-21 issue

rockymtnrider

The last two outings with my CZ-21 I have had a problem.

After a few hours hunting, I hunt in auto tune/all metal and switch to Discriminate Zero when I hit a target to hear if it is iron or not.

The problem is there are times I switch over and the machine goes crazy it starts beeping high then low then high then low. I can even pick the coil up in the air and it keeps doing it.

I can still hunt in auto tune but then I have to dig everything and with all the iron in my area that just isn't fun.

Just wondering if anyone ever experienced this before?
What was the problem?
And what was the cure?
Any ideas?

I probably will be calling Fisher on Monday to send it in, but would like to know what some of you think.

Thank You

Check your coil connection to the detector. If that's the issue, wiggling it a bit will often start (or stop) the problem.

I had the same problem when I hip mounted my CZ-21. Mine was the coil connector going into the back of the unit. I remounted the head back onto the shaft and rubber banded the coil wire around the housing and it got me through the rest of the season. Then it went back for repairs.

yes just started hip mounting. I didn't call Fisher, because I can't spend the money on the detector at this time. So I will check the connections and mount it back on the shaft.

Thanks for the replies.

The last two outings with my CZ-21 I have had a problem.

After a few hours hunting, I hunt in auto tune/all metal and switch to Discriminate Zero when I hit a target to hear if it is iron or not.

The problem is there are times I switch over and the machine goes crazy it starts beeping high then low then high then low. I can even pick the coil up in the air and it keeps doing it.

I can still hunt in auto tune but then I have to dig everything and with all the iron in my area that just isn't fun.

Just wondering if anyone ever experienced this before?
What was the problem?
And what was the cure?
Any ideas?

I probably will be calling Fisher on Monday to send it in, but would like to know what some of you think.

Thank You

Mines doing somewhat what you describe. Got to send mine in. I may have the big coil installed while its gone?

Got the call from Fisher on my CZ-21.
They are replacing the coil and said the machine was out of calibration.

STRANGE. I have sent a machine to them 4 times in the last few years. ALL FOUR times the coil had to be replaced. Twice without charge.

I find it VERY HARD to believe the coils are all that bad unless we are sold CHINESE TRASH.

Has anybody else had to replace a coil? Maybe I should start a new thread. I find something VERY fishy with Fisher, or First Texas.

Well the cz20 just shipped to Fisher for the upgrade. I will report back when I get the call from Felix. Hopefully no hidden surprises like a bad coil.

Sorry to hear of your coil troubles. Looking at your bery onteresting webpage, ot is clear that they get a lot of hard use!

They are made in El Paso Texas.

Back
Top Bottom