Corpus Christi beaches?

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
The wife and I are looking at going down to Corpus Christi for a vacation this summer, and I was wanting to know about metal detecting there. Are the beaches open to metal detecting? If so, what beaches would you suggest? If not, where else might one be able to detect?

Thanks

I lived in Corpus Christi when I was younger (dad was stationed at Padre Island) and remember alot of MDing going on. I know there are a few MD shops there, and the town has it's own MDing Club.

My money says it's still perfectly safe to MD there. If any doubts, just google Corpus Christi Metal Detecting and call a shop to get the scoop.

Hi Detector, I've been to Corpus for the last 3 winters. You can MD the beaches except for the state parks and the National Seashore. I can't remember the name of the beach across from the Lexington but it is well used by people and the sand is soft and fluffy. It is easy to use a scoop.

The rest of the beaches can be driven on with your car and usually require a parking permit. That goes for the Corpus and Port Aransas beaches. Because of the way they clean these beaches the sand is harder packed with the soft sand in the dunes on the other side of the beach road. In my opinion the good stuff is in the water on these beaches. Rob

Back
Top Bottom