Prizm V and salt water beaches

Ray Whidbey Island

I am new to MD so would love to have your input on this. I have the model V and a lot of salt water beaches here in Washington. How should I expect it to react? Or what would be the predicted outcome?? Thanks.....Ray

Got snowed in in Wales so I cleared off down to the English South coast for a few days, turned into the best part of two weeks and am returning on Friday as the beaches are for once really producing. The only detectorist I met in all that time was using a Whites P.I. having given up on the Prizm a few weeks before. The local beaches remained damp if not wet except for a very narrow top strip. His finds over a few weeks were more than he had had all year with the Prizm as it just did not cope with the wet sand.
So weigh up where you will be detecting and select on that basis. You already have the Prizm so make the best of its strengths. If you will mainly work large areas of dry sand with a high rubbish content then a tone or good VDI machine will make life far easier and you can save your finds towards a more dedicated wet sand machine and then hit those areas.

Back
Top Bottom