Harbor Freight 25% off

Devildog2345

i owned the Cen Tech pointer, and it worked well, but after all summer the on button wore out. Works much better than the JUNK V4 thing Kellyco sends. Good small size. For the $ it is great.
When button wore out , i upgraded to Pro pointer, not a huge difference in range. big diff in price though....

i owned the Cen Tech pointer, and it worked well, but after all summer the on button wore out. Works much better than the JUNK V4 thing Kellyco sends. Good small size. For the $ it is great.
When button wore out , i upgraded to Pro pointer, not a huge difference in range. big diff in price though....
I disagree. The CenTech is better than nothing but you almost have to be touching the object before it goes off...less than an inch. The ProPointer is an amazing upgrade and worth every penny. It has a much better range and vibrates and gets louder the closer you get to the object.

I was on a budget when I started though and I still use my CenTech as a backup. If you can afford it I would save your money and go straight for the ProPointer. If you're cheap like me start with the CenTech and save up for the propointer.

The CenTech IS better than nothing... very true. However, when one can afford (by saving, finds, etc) a really good pinpointer, it is worth the price. RickO

I had a Cen-tech pointer, It worked o.k. for awhile but the button tends to break easily. I got a Pistol probe (Pulse) that works great and goes deep, though a little pricey, I never had a Garrett pointer but I hear they're good also. I got a 3 lb. Harbor freight tumbler that works really good for cleaning clad, not a bad deal. Invest in a good pointer, they save time and pays for itself. good hunting...

The CenTech gets the job done. Cuts digging time in half. I have read the reviews about the button but I just make sure I clean it every time and have had no problem.
And on a side note, I get a 20% off coupon from Harbor Freight in the coupon section with just about every Sunday Paper. I also get them in the back of every issue of This Old House magazine.

I disagree. The CenTech is better than nothing but you almost have to be touching the object before it goes off...less than an inch. The ProPointer is an amazing upgrade and worth every penny. It has a much better range and vibrates and gets louder the closer you get to the object.

I was on a budget when I started though and I still use my CenTech as a backup. If you can afford it I would save your money and go straight for the ProPointer. If you're cheap like me start with the CenTech and save up for the propointer.

The thing is under 20$ to start.... then w today's 25% off... :?:
not bad for the $ is what I said!
Pro Pointer is well built unit. But if i was aware how easy it was to install the Sun Ray X-1 In Line Probe, I would have bought it in a second!
Want 2 save time? how 'bout a pointer that tells the diff between chasing nails.... or coins.... That is what i should have upgraded 2....

Back
Top Bottom