Hello, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Lazy Shepherd

Yup. It's probably one of the best beginner machines you can get unless you can save up a bit more for the fisher F2.

I'm three months in and have found a ton of stuff with this machine. Run it in tone mode with sensitivity at 2-3pm and your discrim anywhere from 10-12. Take a nickel in your hand and wave it until you get a low tone on discrim and that is your sweet spot. Found jewelry and tons of coins with this setting.

One other thing, the BHIV has not ability to pinpoint so you are going to want to invest in one of those. People here recommended the harbor freight ones but I went through 6 different ones and never got one that worked so broke down and got a garrett pro pointer

GL and HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Man. Does the PinPointer the Fisher F2 comes with, is it good. anyway when i get the Tracker IV if i like the hobby find some good finds and when i get money i will buy the Garret AT Pro.

I found my first large cent with one. the f2 or ace 250 are both an upgrade but don't underestimate it. Not bad as a starter

GREAT machine, very underrated. Learn to use it well and listen to the different tones and you will find the stuff. I've hunted along side an Ace250, found just as much as he did. I do have an F2 now, goes deeper and more sensitive.

I'd suggest the Hobby Lobby coupon they run for 40% off any item, use the code and you can get one delivered to your door for around $65-69.

Good luck!!

Bounty Hunters are great 1st detectors. I had the Pioneer 505 and it really got me hooked on Mding. Unfortunately, I sold it to buy the AT Pro and I learned something - never sell your detectors - just keep adding them to the collection. You never know when you have company over to hunt with or a breakdown on a unit.

My first detector was the Tracker IV. I found quite a bit with it. Not a bad machine to start out with.

Hello guys im new to this forum, and i don't have a metal detector yet, but im looking for a decent cheap metal detector, for $130 or less and i found this one,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bounty-Hunter-Tracker-IV-Metal-Detector-with-Ground-Trac/9854893

Is this a good machine for a beginner, and would you recommend it to me?

And is it Water Proof?

Feel free to recommend one to me and try not to go over my budget. ;)

Thanks.

Welcome from SoCal, HH !!!!!!!
Check the internet, Hobby Lobby sells that same MD for around $104.00 plus they have a coupon for 40% off, my coe-worker bought it from the store direct if you don't have a local store use the internet & your set. Use the rest to buy youself a pinpointer

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/tracker-iv-metal-detector-847012/

there is a coupon code you can use to save the 40% I don't know what the code is
hope this helps you get started
Cliff

Bounty Hunter Quick Silver Hobby Metal Detector with Free Pinpointer i would get this one i do not see headset plug ,i would not get it if no head set plug

(32 Customer Reviews)

Write a review |

About this product

Print

Buy from Walmart

Shipping & Pickup

$91.83..

Quantity
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Add to:

My List

. My Registry

In stock for:

• Free store pickup
– as soon as 9/6 with

• Ship to home
When will it arrive?.

Free standard shipping with home free.

Also in stores

Last edited:
KT's first MD and still uses it fairly often...Excellent coin finder on totlots, tho not a super deep machine...not a great gold finder but coins and silver it attracts readily. First year (11 months) KT used it He dug out over $650 in pocket change, and brother that's over 12,000 coins (too many pennies! :laughing:). That was before He got his Tesoro Compadre for gold and his ATPro for deeper grass huntin.

Still love to hear that Tracker IV ring in high tones on coins and silver rings!:D

A lot of folks start with a Bounty Hunter! good beginner detector to get you into the hobby. sure, most would prefer an F2 but if you are set on that one, get it! :)

Welcome to the hobby/forum.

I got one yesterday and I found six buried arrows on the archery range today.
Can't wait to hit the park. :)

Back
Top Bottom