White's Electronics Spectra VX3 - Getting Started

Yeah, something for me to consider a little ways down the road since it does have a prospecting mode.........

Dusty

For $300 more(V3i) you can get a machine to grow with and operate in alot more soil types and conditions I think the DFX is better than VX3 other than 3 freq. and a color screen.Just my take I haven't held one yet,just judging from what I have read.Ken

This coming from someone who should know the differences

quoted;

"...here are "some" major differences...

-1...V3i has 2 levels of menus (6 block and expert)..Vx3 only has 1 level.

-2...V3i you can adjust/customize your Tone ID tones...Vx3 the Tone ID tones are fixed..you can turn Tone ID on/off with both.

-3...V3i gives you 8 filter options...Vx3 only 2 - 5Hz and 12.5Hz.

-4...V3i you can select best data or correlate for your 3 frequency modes...VX3 is fixed to correlate for the 3 frequency options.

-5...V3i you can register your machine to have your name so if it gets stolen, it's easy to check at the pawn shops...Vx3 this is not an option.

-6...V3i you can make & store custom programs...Vx3 the programs are fixed..you can make adjustments to a given program..but you cannot save it away as a new program and keep the old one as-is.

-7...V3i has analysis screens...Vx3 does not.

-8...V3i has stereo mixed mode for an audio option...VX3 does not.

-9...V3i has an onboard quick reference...Vx3 does not.

-10...V3i has languages...Vx3 is only English.

-11...V3i you can customize your colors or select from a palette that you like...Vx3 colors are fixed.

-12...V3i comes with a 10" DD loop...Vx3 comes with just a 950 concentric.

-13...V3i includes a rechargeable battery pack and charger...Vx3 does not.

-14...V3i comes with wireless headphones...Vx3 does not..but does include the software for upgrading to the wireless headphones at a later date.

There are more differences but those are the big ones...."

thats a pretty good hit for 300.00 less... they don't make it a no brainer do they? love the video and I hear the manual is way better for VX3

I heard White's designed it for those folks who got tired of scrolling thru menus, and wanted less tweaking with a computer type machine and more of a real metal detector. The english only option is great, we can get more members on FMDF who learn english from their VX3!!!!!!:lol::yes::D

Dusty

-14...V3i comes with wireless headphones...Vx3 does not..but does include the software for upgrading to the wireless headphones at a later date.

There are more differences but those are the big ones...." [/COLOR][/I]

thats a pretty good hit for 300.00 less... they don't make it a no brainer do they? love the video and I hear the manual is way better for VX3[/QUOTE]

The $300 difference is for the v3i without the wireless headphones included. The v3i with them is a bit more.

What is the price shipped of a VX3? I paid $1400 for my V3i without wireless headphones (I can only hear out of my right ear so I choose to stay hard wired to the machine with a stinger heaphone).Thanks,Ken

Last edited:
What is the price shipped of a VX3? I paid $1400 for my V3i without wireless headphones (I can only hear out of my right ear so I choose to stay hard wired to the machine).Thanks,Ken

from what i heard....1199.00

I believe the thing people are overlooking most in the difference IS the price.

Sure you give up a quite a few features between models but for someone that wants as much machine as they can afford I believe they are getting alot.

I get almost all my stuff thru trading. I have less than $500 total in all my stuff and own a Vaquero, M6 and Eagle Spectrum. I would also add that I have less than $100 in detecting accessory's as well.

I can't afford the top of the line detectors like alot of you can. The money for a hobby just isn't there. I'm sure with cash as hard to come by as it is alot of people can relate. I give Whites props for offering another option that helps with the money and still allows people on a budget to own something that is dang near top of the line. Sure it doesn't have Latin as an option on the screen (kidding) but I'm sure most of the performance you need to compete with the rich boy big brother is.

Stop nitpicking a new product apart and see it for what it is.

A great option for people that can't afford the best thing that they sell and one that is easier to use.

Is that so hard?

Oh and Dusty...the learning english from the detector was funny.. :lol:

Gary

Sure you give up a quite a few features between models but for someone that wants as much machine as they can afford I believe they are getting alot.

I get almost all my stuff thru trading. I have less than $500 total in all my stuff and own a Vaquero, M6 and Eagle Spectrum. I would also add that I have less than $100 in detecting accessory's as well.

I can't afford the top of the line detectors like alot of you can. The money for a hobby just isn't there. I'm sure with cash as hard to come by as it is alot of people can relate. I give Whites props for offering another option that helps with the money and still allows people on a budget to own something that is dang near top of the line. Sure it doesn't have Latin as an option on the screen (kidding) but I'm sure most of the performance you need to compete with the rich boy big brother is.

A great option for people that can't afford the best thing that they sell and one that is easier to use.

Is that so hard?

Gary

Well said Gary. What they did here is pretty much the same with the MXT/M6. Now I need to find a rich boy with the VX3 and give him a beat down! :yes: :lol:

Thanks Joe,

Man I love your youtube water detecting vids. What editing software do you use?

I'd love to start detecting the river spots near where I live but don't know a thing about water detectors nor how items would disperse around the river when flooding occurs. I can guarantee there has never been a soul searching the water and it would be productive but I'm scared to death of all that trash
that I know awaits me.

Gary

Is that so hard?

Gary

Features.gif

No need to nitpick... that's a lot of missing x's for the cost difference and without Transmit boost that will shave off a couple inches in debth, I have proved this in test garden video. TX boost is what you reach for when a target is faint or iffy. It will draw on the batteries but I doubt anyone who owns a V3i leaves home without alkaline backups :yes:

Back
Top Bottom