Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 10-31-2019, 10:54 AM
Elite Member

Default Haunted Cemetery

Happy Halloween everyone...
In the town of Norwich, Connecticut is an old cemetery that is supposedly haunted by the ghost of Benedict Arnold. It is said that every Halloween night he roams the cemetery looking for the grave of his mother. Two of the pics are of the cemetery and the other is a house that Arnold lived in for awhile. Today the house serves as a bed and breakfast. Oh.....and I don't believe in ghosts
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2019, 02:02 PM
Elite Member

Last year on Halloween I was walking home and was running late so I decided to cut through the cemetery. These two young girls came up to me and said they were scared and asked if they could walk through the cemetery with me. I said, "Sure, I used to get spooked too when I was alive." Never saw kids run so fast.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:21 AM
Supporter

Id hunt that!

(I mean the house)

Old 11-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
Id hunt that!

(I mean the house)
There's really no yard to hunt and of course you'd need permission. Back in the 1980's I hunted a meadow that's some distance from the back of the house and I was able to dig a couple of Indian Heads and a few wheats but nothing mind boggling. Can't hunt the meadow anymore because the town has a blanket ordinance on the books...NO detecting anywhere in the city limits. I've included a couple of pics from the meadow area. I don't know why the first pic is sideways.....
Attached Images