My Precious!

stitchlips

I have been reading this forum for about a month now. I am amazed at the things everyone finds so I had to get a detector. I didn't want to spend a lot at first so I got a bounty hunter tracker iv and I have used it for about 2 weeks.

I AM ADDICTED! so I thought I would start posting some of my finds and communicating with my fellow addicts. In the two weeks that I have had my detector I have managed to get out at least once a day and I have dug lots of holes, of course I filled them in to.

I have been to parks and the beach. I live at the beach so it is rather convenient. I have had my best luck at all of the tot lots. I have found lots of change which I see is referred to as CLAD. Is that an anagram? Coins Low And Dirty? I dunno.... Anyways I have found a few keys, some old bullet casings, one of which is rather large it has to be from a very large gun.

I was at the park the other day, got a signal and was just pulling up the plug, my wife walks over to me and says did you find that diamond ring yet? I pull the plug and see a ring laying in the hole. I look at my wife and hold it up and say no but I just found this.

MY PRECIOUS! If you have seen the lord of the rings then you will understand my precious. Anyways it looks like a copy of the ring from The Lord of The rings, I don't think it has any value but I am amazed that I found it.
ring.jpg

keep in mind that some of those Lord of the rings rings were made of gold as well.
Clad means the coins have a sheeting over other metals - kinda like the "iron clad" ship of the CW :) Steve in so az

It makes the same sound that gold does on my detector but I can see an area where the plating is coming off, if you look close you can see it in the pic. It's real close to my thumb on the bottom right. I don't know how to determine if ti is gold or not.

Congrats!
Kind of a strange coincidence, the other day I was looking online to see how much those rings would cost, and I thought to myself "wouldn't it be cool if I just found it with my bounty hunter tracker iv instead?"

Looks like you beat me to it.

No question about it this hobby is addictive. Just a word of good advice. If you find any gold carefully put it back into the ground and then give me a call to tell me exactly where you left it. Other than that - have fun :lol:

Heh Stitch,

Congats on the ring-I found the exact same ring at an elemenatry school, except mine I think is silver, or some other metal. I found those rings on line, and they range anywhere form about $40 to several hundred if it is gold. Yours looks like one of the nicer ones though!

I started detecting about six months ago-started with a Bounty Hunter Quick draw, and then bought an M6, which I really love-it was worth it. I have found two 14k gold rings (onering one weekend, one ring the next weekend-6-7 other junk rings. My best finds so far are 1923 Mercury Dime, 1902 Indian Head penny, a British half penny from 1929, and a British Penny from 1891 (both the British coins I found on a river bank). Welcome to the hobby!

there are copys you can buy i think a brochure comes with the movie. cool dont go trying to melt it in a volcano some where

Welcome to the forums !

I love your definition of Clad - Coins Low and Dirty !:lol:

For the rest of you, stop making fun of the Baldwins. I have been friends with them for years. I first met Alex when he tried out to be Goalie for our dart team. The team had to buy him a beer every time he successfully defended.

I'm just sayin.

We have a gift catalogue which has these rings for sale.

Whatever you do .... Don't put it on :shock:

Back
Top Bottom