MInelab 305 Tips/Tricks ?

VTACE250

Picked one up. Figured I would ask the thread about it. Anybody have any tips on the machine? Quirks to look out for? Thanks for answers in advance

A member on this forum that goes by the name of Longhair is very knowledgeable on the Xterra's as well. He has made many posts on them that is easy to understand and very informative. Don't tell him I said this (I don't want his head to swell up :laughing:) but I have read many of his posts about the Xterra 705 that he has me wanting to try one if I ever happen to get over the Tesoro fever ;). P.S. Just noticed that you are from Swanton,VT, it's a beautiful place as all of Vermont is.

:lol3: I'll make you a believer if 'ya let me Ski.

As far as the 305 goes....
It is Minelab's entry level machine, and is actually really more than most people (that have never owned an Xterra) might think. Compared to something like a 705, it makes you work, which is good because you really learn how to detect w/o all the auto features. It also makes you appreciate it when you get a machine that has the auto features. :lol:
Seriously, with 7.5kHz and 18.75kHz capability and the 9 available coils that you can set it up with, you should be able to find one or two that will optimize your hunting experience.

As ZR2guy posted, read Randy's book...it's priceless and free at the same time.
Watch videos on YouTube. MinelabDetecting has one that is a good place to start.

Go swing that thing! Make it make noise at you and flash numbers on the screen.
Between the book and advice available here, we can help you sort it out in no time.

Back
Top Bottom