Brass scoop?

L0S3R

Elite Member
It appears to be brass, no markings at all. I’m curious on your thoughts.

7f7b63b63b2bcc23eaf9fb05379a3a8b.jpg
a8fd2f082035959766d3cd20d80b9f49.jpg
0cb0beb1dfc1a45b34b3292dad112de1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folgers coffee scooper circa 1770 :laughing: I have no idea what that thing is, hopefully someone does!

Another page is arguing between candle snuffer (handle is shorter than any I’ve seen) tobacco/snuff scoop (good possibility) but the best bet is a scoop for gunpowder, except mine has no markings at all.

Candle snuffer, measuring scoop should have the handle on the open end.

The handle and bottom look to be the same piece of metal, probably for simplicity of construction and no other reason is my guess..

Could prove to be a measuring spoon, see if it's the same amount as a legit measuring spoon like possibly a table spoon?

The handle and bottom look to be the same piece of metal, probably for simplicity of construction and no other reason is my guess..

Could prove to be a measuring spoon, see if it's the same amount as a legit measuring spoon like possibly a table spoon?

I measured water and it’s a tad bit more than a tsp...

All measuring spoons that I have seen have the handle off the rim of the cup, not the base. Having it on the base would make picking it up from the counter very difficult. Based on the design, it would guess it is used with the cup facing down, which has me casting my vote with the candle snuffer lot.

Coffee scoop sounds good to me. Whatever it is, I like it !! Must be old. Was made when even inexpensive items were made of metal instead of plastic. Nice find !!!

I measured water and it’s a tad bit more than a tsp...

Oh...it is that small.
Looked like many 3-4 inches diameter to me since nothing in the photo to get a size from.

It does look brass and since it still shiny guessing it has not been in the ground for long.

Oh...it is that small.

Looked like many 3-4 inches diameter to me since nothing in the photo to get a size from.

It does look brass and since it still shiny guessing it has not been in the ground for long.

There’s a barbecue sauce pack in the picture for size, my kids stole all my change that’s not in the tumbler

it could be a gunpowder scoop/measure, made of brass so it doesn't spark, just a guess though.

That’s my opinion and many others. It’s kind of a 50/50 split between gunpowder scoop and candle snuffer. I think the handle is to short for the candle idea, never saw 1 that small.

Back
Top Bottom