Hello from Laneza Virginia.

cntrycrosser

Thank you for allowing me to join this group. My name is Dan. I am starting this hobby later than probably many of you, but I have already gotten the fever. LOl I am 63, and for the time being am in Laneza Virginia. Right outside of Williamsburg. Looking for any information as to good detecting sites? Also maybe looking for someone who is willing to teach an old dog some new tricks! Thank you. Have a great day!

Welcome to the hobby from Central Illinois! You came to the right place for information on metal detecting... lots of knowledgeable folks on here!

Thank you for allowing me to join this group. My name is Dan. I am starting this hobby later than probably many of you, but I have already gotten the fever. LOl I am 63, and for the time being am in Laneza Virginia. Right outside of Williamsburg. Looking for any information as to good detecting sites? Also maybe looking for someone who is willing to teach an old dog some new tricks! Thank you. Have a great day!

Hello Dan and welcome to the forum. I believe you should be able to find some great sites around Williamsburg. Lots and lots of history there.

Hi Dan, welcome from SE Virginia. I'm not too far from you at Langley AFB. Since you asked, I'll offer my two cents for you to consider. Although Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown are spectacular historical areas, they are not friendly to detecting. Avoid all National Parks, historic landmarks, and the area adjacent to the Yorktown Weapons Station. The Park Rangers and other officials will be all over you as soon as they see your detector. Looking at Lanexa on the map, I would focus on the parks, woods, recreation, and trails around the Diascund Creek and the Chickahominy River. If you do venture south, the banks of the Yorktown River at the Yorktown State Park and in Yorktown-proper by the Route 17 Bridge are fair game. Again, all this is my two cents as I would hate to see you drive all the way down to Yorktown or Jamestown and be disappointed and turned away. Good luck.
Dirty Nails

fmdfwelcome.gif
... from the cold and snowy state of Minnesota!
lotsasnow.gif
trucksnow.gif
We're glad that you have joined us.
yes.gif
Happy hunting!
mds.gif

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina. You are still a Youngster compared to a lot of us Old Pharts on here. I started detecting at 72.

Back
Top Bottom