Whites Silver Eagle ??

Chasbolio

Elite Member
Came into posession of a new (to me)/old detector. I purchased the battery pack insert for it, loaded it w/4 c cells & ........... nothing. Talked to the Whites guys Eastern repair div. & was informed they could probably fix it for $60 + pts. My question is whether anyone has used one of these and if so, is it worth trying to salvage. I know Whites makes some real good machines and a lot of guys have done well with them. Any Silver Eagles users care to comment ??

Thanks,

C

I've used one and for $60 dollars it's a steal. It wasn't their top of the line but close to it and has some good features.

One thing about the old Whites detectors, the battery contacts inside the unit weren't that great. They tend to bend back over time and don't make good contact with the battery pack. After checking the basics (new batteries, batteries inserted in the correct direction inside the battery pack, battery pack installed in the correct direction) you may want to try pulling the contacts out a little bit to add tension and perhaps make better contact with the battery pack. If all else fails, send the unit in. Whites service will take good care of you.

Thanks for the responses. Will try battery contact improvement, but do you gents feel the machine is good enough to rescue if no luck. Is the technology there ? Is it a deep seeker ? Decently quick on recovery ?

Thanks Again,

C

Back
Top Bottom