Follow the Bulldozer...

local_coins

Elite Member
Have been hitting a park that I noticed the other day, posted here:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php/topic,3099.0.html

2 days and I havent hit much of anything old. I have found lots of new coins, however. There are a couple of old decorative cement pools and a wishing pool that has produced alot of pennies and dimes around the borders.

I am very surprised to not have found more old coins in the sections that are stripped of the topsoil. This park has had fill dirt brought in more than once so mabey it isnt such a mystery. There are alot of piles of the dirt with pieces of the old walkways in them, naturaly I thougt the old coins would be here. If they are, they are hiding well!

I decided to try another spot that seemed relatively undistrurbed except for the dozer tracks running through it leading to the work area. In the tracks, I hit a good signal and dug a 1911 Wheatie! Finally, something to keep me interested in the area!

I figured that the tracks from the bulldozer gave an extra 2-3 inches in depth which was essential to find this coin. Mind you, digging in the compressed tracks is no cake walk! I was only able to dig this coin because all of the rain softened the soil but it was still a bear to dig even a small hole and not scratch the coin :yes: I recommend a chisel!

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 1911 Wheat.jpg
    1911 Wheat.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 719
Back
Top Bottom