Crazy find!

tater

Elite Member
Last weekend a buddy here in Indiana gave me a call and asked if I wanted to hunt a wheat field. Of course I wanted to. Im a field hunter and haven't hunted much sense the farmers have planted.
The guys grandmother had passed away and the house and land were being sold. We went in the field the day after the auction. He had 30 days til the land wasn't in his family any longer.
We went in the field and found glass, brick, and pottery all over. No coins but many musket balls. After the hunt we went up to the house to look through the garage and barn. As we were looking he says hey look at these bullets. He was holding a 3 ringer that was on the shelf. It had not been fired and a dark grey. I said wow!!! He didn't know what it was. I asked if there were any more and he says YES!!! He was holding another. He wouldn't have even grabbed them! He had found 2 3 ringers that had been inside sense the civil war. I just thought it was the neatest thing. His grandfather had them on the shelf and my friend had never known. That was a good find even if he didn't find it with a detector!!!

Gotta always have your eyes open. I think many of us here have made great eyeball finds because we walk around in "target finding" mode. Nice finds. GL and HH. Matt

Back
Top Bottom