Sniffed out a few bullets after work!

VaMark

Elite Member
Today was such a pleasant change from last weeks Hot weather I just had to get out and do some diggin.I went back over an area that I had hunted with my VLF detector before , this time I used the GPX, the ground is full of minerals. That is The Wolf's favorite type of ground....:laughing:
I found a bunch of fired bullets of various sorts, 1 was a Star base, a small iron buckle and an artillery frag a couple scraps of camp lead.

HH

Attachments

• 8-15-13stuffdirty.jpg
    8-15-13stuffdirty.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 8-15-13stuff.jpg
    8-15-13stuff.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 200
Nice bullets, love the artillary frag. Will you be cleaning the buckle so it can move again with electrolysis?

We just came back from vacation from your neck of the woods. I had no idea of the magnitude the war had on that area. Loaded with history is all I can say.

Is that buckle CW era?? I hunted a place a few weeks ago found one just like it. I put it in my junk bucket. Maybe I should pull it out. Thanks Mike

Is that buckle CW era?? I hunted a place a few weeks ago found one just like it. I put it in my junk bucket. Maybe I should pull it out. Thanks Mike

I find them all the time in CW areas, I think they are horse tack buckles or something similar, I can't say for sure they are CW but based on how often they show up in CW areas and have the same basic design and size I consider them to be period items. I have seen examples in some of my relic id books to.

I find them all the time in CW areas, I think they are horse tack buckles or something similar, I can't say for sure they are CW but based on how often they show up in CW areas and have the same basic design and size I consider them to be period items. I have seen examples in some of my relic id books to.

The one I found was a CW field. At least I keep finding 3 ringers and shot there.

Back
Top Bottom