Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Carrot) battery question...

pacer

I can't remember where I read or heard that the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT aka Carrot prefers a specific make of battery. I have been exclusively using Duracell batteries. Can't imagine any specific brand of battery would make a difference, but you never know. Has anyone else heard the same?

Same here which is a good thing. I'll never buy Duracell batteries again. I've had too many leak and ruin devices.

Cliff

I've used Duracell, energizer and dollar store batteries with no noticeable difference.

Same here which is a good thing. I'll never buy Duracell batteries again. I've had too many leak and ruin devices.

Cliff

I totally second this. I bought Duracells for years, but in devices where the battery stays installed for a LONG time (like a TV remote, or whatever), they leak, and then corrode the connections in the device with that whitish powdery !!!!.

I started buying Energizers, as a result. ZERO leaks/corrosion...

Steve

Of all the batteries that I have used, Duracell leak the most, especially if left in for some time.
That's what I've found. They ruined 3-4 maglites for me along with a radio and a couple other things. I threw away a few last week that leaked in the package. I've only had one other battery that ever leaked and it was old.

Cliff

I use Energizers and have never had a problem with leaks and they go a long time before needing to be replaced. One time I tried those cheapie Dollar store batteries and they lasted about one hunt and then went dead. You get what you pay for.

Just as a precaution I try to remember to take out any batteries if my machine sits awhile. I'm paranoid of batteries leaking out and ruining gear

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just as a precaution I try to remember to take out any batteries if my machine sits awhile. I'm paranoid of batteries leaking out and ruining gear

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I do that on most things but flashlights need batteries to be worth anything in an emergency. Also batteries that leak in storage aren't worth much either. When you need them they are junk and any batteries in with them are too. I haven't had a problem since I quit using Duracell.

Cliff

I picked up a handful of Duracell Quantum 9v batteries on clearance for 1.99 each. Normally nearly 5 dollars each. Looking forward to seeing if it makes any difference. I've used drug store brand, Energizer, and Duracell regular alkaline. Never noticed any of them lasting so much longer or shorter to make any conclusions. They always last at least a few multiple hour hunts.

Ill never forget the time someone referred to the battery that comes in the carrot as "Neverready" :laughing: I have no issues using dollar store 9V, though they dont last lost. I usually buy a 2 pack of rayovac high energies.

I use energized rechargeable for my Patriot. They last quite awhile before needing a charge touch-up. My fake carrot I do use a Duracell 9v, but I remove ALL batteries when I get home after a hunt. They are set on a shelf immediately adjacent to the detector an pinpointer ready for the next trip. No leaks no fuss no muss.

Back
Top Bottom