Short hunt for some buttons! High iron deus love

Barracuda

Forum Supporter
Only got out for a little bit since its Mother's Day weekend. I hit a high iron location I previous hunted with the at pro.

These buttons are my first

I believe the other thing is a type of boot tip cover?

Also grabbed some wheats

617b59370bff3c1f38aa6c1c9e8828e8.jpg

5956adeb95c824bfd39681ac6d77b187.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, your copper strip with the nail holes is called a toe tap.
I have found a couple with the patent dates on them:yes:

Love the green-patina toe-tap. And gilt buttons are always fun . How's the deus doing @ getting targets from under iron ? Is it a good see-through-averaging machine ? Are you using the stock coil, or something of the new incarnation of deus ?

Love the green-patina toe-tap. And gilt buttons are always fun . How's the deus doing @ getting targets from under iron ? Is it a good see-through-averaging machine ? Are you using the stock coil, or something of the new incarnation of deus ?

Thanks Tom,
I am using the stock 11"
If you hunt in iron you NEED this machine hands down no questions.
That ring was in the hole and below an old square nail. This video really does its justice for the machine even though its an air test.
I've found a ton of targets I've missed with the at pro due to depth and iron.
I couldn't be more impressed with target separation, reactivity, weight and overall performance being completely wireless.

Hopefully I can pull a gold coin out like you!

Check it out. I'm not bashing the Ctx here. I would prefer to show the video if it was just the deus being shown.
https://youtu.be/gGwqHyUSUI8

I have Hunted along side deus users who is say they are the cat's meow in iron infested areas. Yet when push comes to shove, they are no better than other machines we are pitting against them. Well, I mean, those that are renowned for iron see-through. Eg.: various 2 filter tesoros, or a 77b, etc....

We flagged signals and tried every single setting on the deus we had there. But it wasn't any better than others, IMHO.

But I thought I heard that there was something new and improved for deus?

I have Hunted along side deus users who is say they are the cat's meow in iron infested areas. Yet when push comes to shove, they are no better than other machines we are pitting against them. Well, I mean, those that are renowned for iron see-through. Eg.: various 2 filter tesoros, or a 77b, etc....

We flagged signals and tried every single setting on the deus we had there. But it wasn't any better than others, IMHO.

But I thought I heard that there was something new and improved for deus?

The company offers free updated software they put out maybe that's the improvement? Version 4 is out now. All I can compare the deus to is the AT series and ACE series.

.... All I can compare the deus to is the AT series and ACE series.....

Those 2 machines are not known for being iron-see-through ghost-townsy machines. ESPECIALLY not the Ace. They might be good for their individual tasks, but .... are not going to compete with specialty machines known for pulling targets out of iron beds. So the fact of your Deus out-hunting them in iron, is going to be an easy test to pass IMHO.

There's always trade offs: Machines that are known for being very deep, and having great TID's at-depth, and being good in nasty soils, TEND to be poor at iron-see-through ability. Contrast to a machine like a silver Sabre or Bandido, which has only half the depth (doing good to get 6 or 7" on a coin), and have no TID/VDI (barring scrolling up and down the disc. dial). And perhaps don't fare well in minerals. Yet they are great for pulling coins from next to, and oft-times UNDER nails.

Yeah I don't know much about the latest incarnation of the Deus, other than a friend who claims he's now pulling targets from previously cleaned out iron zones. Says it's superior to the older deus. Something to do with higher frequency now, smaller coil options (versus the original where you were stuck with a single size), etc.. We are slated to take it some ghost town sites in a few months. Will pit it against machines like the Impact, Bandido, & explorer II.

Those 2 machines are not known for being iron-see-through ghost-townsy machines. ESPECIALLY not the Ace. They might be good for their individual tasks, but .... are not going to compete with specialty machines known for pulling targets out of iron beds. So the fact of your Deus out-hunting them in iron, is going to be an easy test to pass IMHO.

There's always trade offs: Machines that are known for being very deep, and having great TID's at-depth, and being good in nasty soils, TEND to be poor at iron-see-through ability. Contrast to a machine like a silver Sabre or Bandido, which has only half the depth (doing good to get 6 or 7" on a coin), and have no TID/VDI (barring scrolling up and down the disc. dial). And perhaps don't fare well in minerals. Yet they are great for pulling coins from next to, and oft-times UNDER nails.

Yeah I don't know much about the latest incarnation of the Deus, other than a friend who claims he's now pulling targets from previously cleaned out iron zones. Says it's superior to the older deus. Something to do with higher frequency now, smaller coil options (versus the original where you were stuck with a single size), etc.. We are slated to take it some ghost town sites in a few months. Will pit it against machines like the Impact, Bandido, & explorer II.

Tom you're very knowledgeable on detectors. I think you should borrow your buddies deus for a weekend and hit up some of your old spots. When you get gold coin number 16 let us get a review from you :)

*EDIT* Ive personally only compared it to the ace and At series. Google allows me to compare to every other detector out there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom