End of Vacation :-(

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I got out for one last hunt today and like the past couple days, the weather was not cooperating. 30mph gusts, rain and lousy tides coupled with an excal on the fritz and a nice cold, it was tough motivating to go out today. My headphones started crackling yesterday along with my pinpoint mod failing intermittently. At one point during my hunt yesterday, the volume on my headphones just cut out by 50%. I have to crank the threshold up to full just to hear targets. Today it was chatty as hell, i assume from running full threshold.

No more gold after finding the nice one 20 mins into my vacation. I did manage 5 more silvers though.
b369f89e75540f9ffec142a28dbb5334.jpg
802cb305d513bcd316b21cd60b519b53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I got out for one last hunt today and like the past couple days, the weather was not cooperating. 30mph gusts, rain and lousy tides coupled with an excal on the fritz and a nice cold, it was tough motivating to go out today. My headphones started crackling yesterday along with my pinpoint mod failing intermittently. At one point during my hunt yesterday, the volume on my headphones just cut out by 50%. I have to crank the threshold up to full just to hear targets. Today it was chatty as hell, i assume from running full threshold.

No more gold after finding the nice one 20 mins into my vacation. I did manage 5 more silvers though.

I don't feel sorry for you George.. :D I gave you a number to pick up a mint condition modded Excal that you could have been hunting with for the rest of your vacation... :D

I'm still going to call him. I haven't had time to go see him yet

I see a couple silvers there, Still not bad at all. Anyday with silver is good..

Looks like a great hunt to me. Ring days = Good day.

"Choose the right" ring is pretty cool too.

Tough Going

Sounds like you had some tough sledding going on there. When ever my pin pointer goes bad I change the batteries, even if I don't think they are bad. One day I switched out the batteries in my metal detector, except I through out the new batteries and put the old ones back in. It took a friend of mine to find out what I did. Nice haul despite your tough going. Congrates.
HH everyone

Sounds like you had some tough sledding going on there. When ever my pin pointer goes bad I change the batteries, even if I don't think they are bad. One day I switched out the batteries in my metal detector, except I through out the new batteries and put the old ones back in. It took a friend of mine to find out what I did. Nice haul despite your tough going. Congrates.
HH everyone
I was referring to the pinpoint mod on my excal, not to an actual pinpointer. I dont use one for water hunts

Back
Top Bottom