Civil War Trash Pit! Epaulette & Shell Frags with Video

The Wolf

Elite Member
Got out yesterday in the woods for a bit to a Union camp. I got a choppy signal and started digging. At around 20 inches I pulled out a nice Epaulette (shoulder scales). And then kept getting decent signals, so I kept on digging. I had found my way into a trash pit and I ended up with three huge shell fragments for a 100 pound Parrot Shell, I think. I also got a real nice dropped Swaged Base 3-ringer. Here's some pics and a video. Happy Hunting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzL30AVXCRM

Attachments

• epp.JPG
    epp.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 621
  • p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 538
  • p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 537
  • 404px-CharlesGriffin.jpg
    404px-CharlesGriffin.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 534
Awesome....

Those scales are a fantastic find. They're on my bucket list...LOL. Good job on a great historical find...HH

Cool! That is deep!:digginahole:
BTW - anyone found human bones? If you do - who needs to be notified?

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I've never found a body, but heard of a guy that did. I guess it's no big surprise if one turns up around here. A few years ago a construction crew uncovered some when they were building a YMCA.

I guess I would let the property owner know and let them take care of it. Who knows if they would want fed's, cops, historians, recovery crews and archaeologists wandering around on their land.

I definitely wouldn't take anything off of the body and most likely wouldnt even take pictures. But if the land owner wanted the body exhumed, I would help, then perhaps take photos and credit for the find. It would be an awesome feeling giving him a proper burial.

Nice finds Mike!
I could tell in the video you were hoping for something better at the bottom of that hole. Those are some cool huge frags you found!

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I've never found a body, but heard of a guy that did. I guess it's no big surprise if one turns up around here. A few years ago a construction crew uncovered some when they were building a YMCA.

I guess I would let the property owner know and let them take care of it. Who knows if they would want fed's, cops, historians, recovery crews and archaeologists wandering around on their land.

I definitely wouldn't take anything off of the body and most likely wouldnt even take pictures. But if the land owner wanted the body exhumed, I would help, then perhaps take photos and credit for the find. It would be an awesome feeling giving him a proper burial.
I would for sure take lots pics. You know newspaper would live them, and possible you can get some cash more than most of your finds! :gettinmoney:

Nice finds Mike!
I could tell in the video you were hoping for something better at the bottom of that hole. Those are some cool huge frags you found!

Yep! But I wasn't too disappointed with the results. I thought I had a plate when I saw the green, then I thought I had a shell. Oh well, I'll just find one of each this weekend. :yes::D

Nice finds Wolf, way to go man. You have a nice site there and there has to be more. Good luck, maybe you will get you a plate. Thanks for sharing. HH.

Back
Top Bottom