After further review....another Walker!

Nice find. I actually made one of these for myself out of a Kennedy half. When wearing it, it wasn't uncomfortable at all, just felt like a ring. I started making one for my wife out of a Washington quarter but haven't finished it. It's probably been 5 years in the works, it might eventually get done.

Most likely the date on yours was the birth year of the wearer or maybe the year they married. Definitely a cool find.

Huge congratulations, you don't see too many Walkers dug in that condition;)

:lol: I prefer them NOT hammered into oblivion myself, but maybe I'll try unrolling it! Thanks Matt good luck if you're going out this weekend...supposed to be Beautiful!

Nice find. I actually made one of these for myself out of a Kennedy half. When wearing it, it wasn't uncomfortable at all, just felt like a ring. I started making one for my wife out of a Washington quarter but haven't finished it. It's probably been 5 years in the works, it might eventually get done.

Most likely the date on yours was the birth year of the wearer or maybe the year they married. Definitely a cool find.

Definitely could be a sentimental piece,I didn't think of that. This one has a big ridge in the middle of the inside like it's unfinished or the person didn't quite have the Method down, that's why we're thinking it would not be something worn in comfort.
Are you good at making coin rings? PM me if you're interested in making one for me out of one of my bigger coins, I'll make it worth your while...

derp face
fullsize

That's crazy cool my friend, congrats again on another walker!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find! I've made a bunch of coin rings but none have a ring in the center.. wonder what that is?? When you fold a coin it doesn't leave a ring in the center...

Nice find! I've made a bunch of coin rings but none have a ring in the center.. wonder what that is?? When you fold a coin it doesn't leave a ring in the center...

Two ways to make a coin ring, this is the other..

Hammered and filed out...

<°)))>{

Thanks for the clarification Ice, ive got no idea about how they're made but would like to try one out sometime, on a lesser coin of course...;)

That is awesome! That's very apparently how this one was made just not totally filed out. Maybe filed just enough to fit whoever was wearing it...like a kid.

Back
Top Bottom