I am now gall bladder free!

beachdude

Elite Member
I am now gall bladder free!

Went to hospital with extreme stomach pains early Tuesday morning and they took out my gall bladder yesterday. Now at home.

They advised me not to do any heavy lifting or soaking in water for a least 2 weeks so that means no treasure hunting for me (which, for me, is all about standing in chest deep water and heavy lifting of sand from the lake bed).

I really wanted to go camping and hunt some lake areas here in Ontario and had even had rented a car for a week starting yesterday for the adventure. Oh well.

Props to the St. Michael's hospital crew in Toronto for being so nice and efficient and getting me in and out so quickly. Better have this done now in Canada than have an attack in South Africa or Mauritius in 2017.

Gall bladders: who need 'em anyway.

No hunting for two weeks? That's a bummer!! What about a little land hunting or dry sand? Seems like it would be less strenuous.

Wishing you the best for a speedy and complete recovery!

Well, I'm not a doctor or anything, but I would suggest soaking in warm salty water, like the Gulf of Mexico or the Indian Ocean!:laughing: Get well soon!
Mud

Yes take it easy, even two weeks is pushing it. I went to Chicago last year and the nite I was to leave mine went bad..had to extend the stay. I got out about two weeks after to hunt and was very weak, I guess from all and I had got out of shape in that amount of time. So just relax, no hunting at all will assure a full recovery.

Get some zantac--indigestion will hit you sooner or later--no bile to help with the fats.

Glad youre getting better!!
My wife had hers removed when she got her liver transplant.
Kinda like one stop shopping!
Be careful tho,now that you don't have it you'll be tempted to eat everything that bothered you before!
And now she wonders why she's putting on weight?
Go figure ;)

Glad it went well. I had mine removed 3 months ago. I thought I was having a heart attack. Hurt so bad I could not stand or even talk. But then I was introduced to dilaudid, and then all was good!!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom