• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab X-Terra 30 vs. Garret GTAx 550

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
I was looking at either of these to be my next purchase, making all this money on the boat has me anxious to get home and swing. Plus, it'll be nice to have two sticks to swing in case the g/f or a friend wants to tag along. I'm gonna pick up a Vibra pinpointer as well.

I started with Garrett, might stay in the family. That Minelab is sexy though, fits the bill.
thinking.gif

Thanks Tony... I'm actually going to be up in CT Jul 8 - 11 after my trip out here in the Gulf. Flying into Bradley/Windsor Locks/Hartford to see some friends down in Groton ( I used to live there) and maybe down near New haven.

I have an exterra 30 , the machine is simple as pie and quite a deep machine, I actually like the ex30 for certian types of hunting, I think the garret You mention is kinda mediocre......

I have the x-terra 50 and love it.. It has manual ground balance so detecting on the beach is alot easier. it costs more than the 30(obviously) but you can get a good deal. I got mine used for $300 and you cant even tell.

If i were you, I would definetly go for the Minelab x-terra 30. My friend has the 50 and it's a great machine. It's so simple, pretty much a turn and go. I think if you get the x-terra, it will be a very easy transition. It's also very light, another thing I like about it. I have an XLT and the X-terra is way lighter and easier to operate. Also, Could you give us a review on the vibraprobe after you get it. I am gonna be getting a probe soon and I think I am gonna go with the vibraprobe. Hope this stuff helps.

I also am an owner of an X-Terra and I love it, it is light and does everything I expected and more. Good luck in this great hobby whichever machine you decide on.

Back
Top Bottom