Found a herd of Lucky Elephants

cdv

Elite Member
Trying to change our recent luck, DC426 and I took off on a road trip and it turned out to be a lucky move, especially when AC/DC played for us on the radio on the way there. Found the usual junk on this trip, are all beaches down here stocked with the same type of bottle caps, pennies and assorted can slaw? :lol:
After about an hour hunting I finally got a different reading on the CTX, a clean sweet 12-23, I felt it was round and hoped it had a hole in it... yeah, 18k with a green stone, small ring but it had two elephants on it, my first elephant ring. Not an hour later, I hit a solid nickel reading 12-14 and when I kicked the pile I saw something roll caked with sand.... figured it was my nickel, when I picked it up, my finger started going through the middle.... I stopped and took it over to DC saying it was not the nickel I thought I had.... we cleaned it off and there looking at us were three more elephants on a 10k ring with 4 four leave clovers and stones. (Stones turned out to be fake). Couldn't believe my luck at that point but at the same time, wanted DC to get some yellow too. Apparently touching those 5 elephants must have worked cause a little later he was digging a mid tone and I was saying here is your yellow.....darned it it didn't turn out to be an 18k ring.

Beat and limping back to the car, DC says hey, we are here, why don't we try one more pass out in front of the car....darned if he didn't get another gold ring and a pretty heavy one at that. He will have to fill you in with the weight. We decided to call it a day and get back home after that last ring. Total ring count for the day was 7 and was the first time we hunted together that we both got 2 gold rings on the same hunt... hope it happens again. I did manage to get one silver hoop earring also.

Can't wait to make another trip to that beach!

So, if you ever get an elephant ring on a day that AC/DC plays on the radio, spread your luck to your hunting partner by letting them touch the lucky elephant(s) on your lucky ring(s).

Good Luck all
Cliff

Attachments

• 20141025_sm.jpg
    20141025_sm.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 537
  • 100MEDIA36IMAG1716SM.jpg
    100MEDIA36IMAG1716SM.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 533
I had a great time and we need to do this again....soon! I ended up with 3 rings. The first was a junker and I thought to myself "at least I got a ring" since Cliff had 2 golds already. Then my luck changed after touching Cliff's elephant. My first gold was nice little mid tone on the 10.5 CZ. I told Cliff it was a ring before I even looked. I started to shake out the scoop and I could hear something rattling in there. I even told Cliff "you can hear it in there". I looked in the scoop and all I saw was a big she'll. "!!!! I thought", I pulled the shell out and there sat a small 2.12g 18k ladies ring. I said "gold ring in the scoop!
Like Cliff said we were on our way back to the car and I talked him into one more pass cause I needed to get a second gold. A few minutes later and after not many signals I got a loud mid tone. The it kinda changed to a high tone. I dug it and shook the scoop out and just looked at Cliff who was standing there waiting to see what it was. "Holy @#$*", I said. You're gonna like this. I pulled out the 10.80g 14k ring with a nice blue Sapphire.
All I can say is, "wow what a day".

:dingding::dingding: One for each elephant ring! Congrats on the other gold and rings as well!

you guys had a banner day,,,,,hit a spot when it was given,,,,,,weird how those hunts can go,,,,,one guy is in the lead all day and right at the end or near it, the other guy pulls a honker,,,,,I know it first hand cause I am always trying to play catch up to Dew,,,,:lol:Congrats,,,,,Chris, you know how that beach can be, when is doesn't give, its a long day,,,,,,today, it gave for you,,,,,:cool:great work guys,,,,GL HH

I miss the steering wheel shot!! But one heck of a road trip...

Then my luck changed after touching Cliff's elephant

That just does not sound right...:D

I miss the steering wheel shot!! But one heck of a road trip...
That just does not sound right...:D

To many for one steering wheel.....as for touching the elephant comment...... :awwman:

Movie star, whats the update on the grenade story , howboutit

Only update is they took it said it didn't matter, it would be destroyed, it really would have been nice to keep it.

That is a heck of a day you two had... congrats on it... must have been a beach visited by Indian people... ;)

Back
Top Bottom