A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ROOKiE WATER HUNTERS

Wow that's rough man but at least work is keeping you busy. could be the opposite and not have enough of it. So when are we getting you in the water?

True that. Maybe ankle deep with the etrac, that's about my limit after hearing about the price your paying for some beach fun! :no:

That's the problem, mount the machine like Craig's and mine , behind the cuff, or just wait till your arm is shot, :roll::twisted:

Earl, I went from light and fast dirt machines to heavier and slower beach machines but I've got no problems swinging my GT or Excal with a straight shaft all day long. It's my digging arm that's not good. I don't need a 6 foot long detector, especially if the extra length is wasted hanging off the rear...

Captain

Your tall , its just like a scale, if the weight is moved back, better balance, a 3rd grader can figure that out, well land hunting all these years, gave up the hand digger , try a 31 Sampson T, maybe its the digging bro, cant be the machine the F75 and the Omega 8000 you swing are light, you shouldn't be using the GT or sword on dirt, if your doing it, that's your problem, just trying to help you lame ducks out, are you taking Swinglow to therapy howboutit :D OK re-read your post, try a 31 inch T handle digger, don't worry what the locals think, it conceals up your arm till you dig.

Attachments

• 20110613_1.JPG
    20110613_1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 63
Earl, sell me one of your 31 inch Sampsons... You don't need 2 and I had mine stolen. I'm using a 42 inch Piranha, but it's too extreme for yards and covert sites. Seriously! I need one! Howboutit

Sorry to hear you're out of action Swinglow, you should add another S to your name as a constant reminder :ewink:
Hope you're back in the game soon brother :yes: Downtime sucks. :yes:

I used to get bad carpal tunnel and still do if I hunt for 3-4 days straight. Get the odd back spasms if I'm over doing it too.
What I found helped me to reduce injury was drinking plenty of water.
Drinking coffee just doesn't do it.
Found from my hiking and climbing days that if I didn't or couldn't drink allot of water during the day I'd pay for it big time the next day.
When I'm hunting now I take a 2L bottle of water with me with the aim of finishing it before I leave the beach on a 5-8 hour hunt. I've just got into the habit of drinking water before I'm feeling thirsty. The way I look at it, feeling thirsty is like the oil light coming on in your car, not good.
2L works for me and my style of hunting but others might get by on less. Better to make a few more pit stops than blowing a motor.
Hope this helps.

could not agree more with you,,,,,I have found that on days of long hunting with no water, at times I wake up in the morning the next day with Charlie horses

Also agree with Earl,,,,above the elbow balances so much better and eliminates the tennis elbow

could not agree more with you,,,,,I have found that on days of long hunting with no water, at times I wake up in the morning the next day with Charlie horses

Also agree with Earl,,,,above the elbow balances so much better and eliminates the tennis elbow

Before I started carrying water I would wake up in the middle of the night with the worst cramps in my hamstring... hurt so much during the spasms I would sweat from the pain... since starting drinking water I haven't had those horrible things... work also can cause them... if I feel one coming on I straighten my leg and bend my toes towards my body which really helps... then I go for water..

That's just like my 800 set up, the machine front starts wright behind the cuff, I guess Swinglow & Captain Silver don't have there machine set up like yours ?, the head phone wire, if it breaks , I will go with OBN's Mods , A new set better, the blue phones are better than the yellow, but there are better waterproof phones out their, PS I think you had a under the cuff at 1st , than you changed to behind the cuff, correct ? On the carbon fiber 1000 Craig sense I got it further back, the head phone wire doesn't even pull, the coils of the wire, don't even spread, howboutit :D PS Craig No Knob Guard , protect your investment they are only 30.00 :shock::yes::D

I missed your other question... no, I went from the S shaft right to the Plugger shaft.. I like the plugger shaft but not the "stainless hardware" as its all rusty and I wash my detector with soap and water after using it in the salt...

stainless

Since I believe he has gone all nylon , they are on the carbon fiber, another thing Craig, increase your potassium intake, bananas, yogurt, this will help the cramping, Earl PS Jressman according to Captain Silver, the locals don't like you using the 31 T s up their, there 4 its deemed U cant have one :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I have 3- 31s, one with no serration, was given to me by Lorraine on Treasure.net, when I was in CT, OBN's friend howboutit

Since I believe he has gone all nylon , they are on the carbon fiber, another thing Craig, increase your potassium intake, bananas, yogurt, this will help the cramping, Earl PS Jressman according to Captain Silver, the locals don't like you using the 31 T s up their, there 4 its deemed U cant have one :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I have 3- 31s, one with no serration, was given to me by Lorraine on Treasure.net, when I was in CT, OBN's friend howboutit

My Plugger hardware is rusting badly and it started right away... it must be cheap stainless.. :roll: Just got back from a short hunt so pardon the sand... we haven't showered yet :lol:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 45
Craig

Call William, the older aluminum strait shafts the coupling locks old type, I asked for the new type, he sent me a free newer lock down, he will take care of you, I believe like the nylon lock downs he uses now, were improvements made when people have problems, similar hardware is on my carbon fiber 3 piece rod, but I haven't submerged it yet.

Attachments

• Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 003.JPG
    Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 003.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 51
Your tall , its just like a scale, if the weight is moved back, better balance, a 3rd grader can figure that out, well land hunting all these years, gave up the hand digger , try a 31 Sampson T, maybe its the digging bro, cant be the machine the F75 and the Omega 8000 you swing are light, you shouldn't be using the GT or sword on dirt, if your doing it, that's your problem, just trying to help you lame ducks out, are you taking Swinglow to therapy howboutit :D OK re-read your post, try a 31 inch T handle digger, don't worry what the locals think, it conceals up your arm till you dig.

That's a whole lot of nice shiny shovels that don't appear to be getting used :laughing:

So I've got the sword sitting in the closet.....and I'm bidding on another excal blue 1000 on ebay.

Don't you savages outbid/snipe me! :mad:

Swinglow

I use the 31 T the most with the gray off to metal on the shaft, the 2nd from the top, :roll:, I will jump on ebay still a member, just to JACK the bid up 4 U, I know you got the cash howboutit :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I use the 31 T the most with the gray off to metal on the shaft, the 2nd from the top, :roll:, I will jump on ebay still a member, just to JACK the bid up 4 U, I know you got the cash howboutit :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sorry but you don't have paypal so you can't bid on it. :laughing:

That's a whole lot of nice shiny shovels that don't appear to be getting used :laughing:

So I've got the sword sitting in the closet.....and I'm bidding on another excal blue 1000 on ebay.

Don't you savages outbid/snipe me! :mad:

So when are you going to get a Sovereign?...You skipped right over that level, went from hunting the dirt straight to the water machines...cheater:laughing:

So when are you going to get a Sovereign?...You skipped right over that level, went from hunting the dirt straight to the water machines...cheater:laughing:

We are better off Swing hasn't purchased a GT Bruce.. less competition on the slopes :yes: let him get a taste of hunting in 30 degree water this winter :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom