Scoop suggestions

Have had more scoops than I can count over the years, all the major brands, from near and far, always searching for the "best" one (for how i hunt).

Switched over to Xtreme scoops exclusively for this season, the quality is amazing and they are proving to be bombproof, highly recommended!

Stavr. Also CF shafts can be found on the cheap right now if you look hard enough.
Stavr scoops are light, well built, decent price.

I bought a second StarvR thats being delivered today because of its build, price, but most of all because of its length. Seems others are nearly a foot long...... and what i see happening out their is people tend to want to BURY that scoop then attempt to pull a full bucket out of the water........ thats how many a handle gets broken...... as well as it takes a real tole on the ole body over the years. If you get the larger scoop..... try gauging the depth of the target. Better to take two scoops than have back surgery.:lol:

That's the one I have. I went with the Hybrid version that has the smaller holes in the back end.

Cliff

That is the one I have... also have a Stavr I bought from fsa46 when he left the hobby... doing a great job grinding down the lip on it digging in the rocks but it hasn't failed yet..

yes thats what i started with as well but way to heavy then i got the stealth 720i with the CF handle soooo much lighter , i know they cost alot but well worth the $$$$$$$

I’ll look into that. The weight reduction would be great!

I bought a second StarvR thats being delivered today because of its build, price, but most of all because of its length. Seems others are nearly a foot long...... and what i see happening out their is people tend to want to BURY that scoop then attempt to pull a full bucket out of the water........ thats how many a handle gets broken...... as well as it takes a real tole on the ole body over the years. If you get the larger scoop..... try gauging the depth of the target. Better to take two scoops than have back surgery.:lol:

The name of the game in the water is fast target recovery. Especially if there is any kind of wave activity. And only if you are in a target infested area. That's why I will tow behind me a small floating sifter. About 2'x3' , PVC, pool noodles , fine plastic mesh , zip ties. 1 or 2 big scoops into my sifter usually gets it. I don't even look inside. Just move onto the next target and the wave action cleans it. After about 7 or 8 targets then I look and clean it out. What a feeling to look and see coins and a couple of rings inside !

Took my new Sito scoop out this week.
Using a fiberglass pole with a 2mm aluminium pole inside.
d0bbcb55f2083053febee232c605e0de.jpg
e3762d82a64de1f1364edd8fd5669844.jpg
15c2145b28a872124f04aa4d778d7d94.jpg
992291f843d6fbd77205865985cf1c24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I got my second StarvR scoop yesterday $150 shipped. I needed one with a point. I like the measurements on his scoops since im not a big fan of digging deep.... id much rather take a second scoop if needed. Added a RAKE handle on it and tried it out yesterday. The hole are 1/2" just a tad larger than the ones ive been using..... clears fast thou. But he told me a little trick to use if i needed smaller holes...... SS wire. You tie it off then weave it thru the holes you need smaller and tie that end off. It really works pretty good and clears sand better. The point worked well in the hard pan and seemed to be just long enough to keep some targets from floating out of the bucket. Great build as always.

X3 Xtreme catches all the studs , with a Trident CF shaft , 304 SS is now out dated , I have plenty :laughing:

Earl... the 720i catches all the studs... there is nothing wrong with 304 stainless and the Sunspot is lighter than the copy cat manufacturer... if the 304 is not good enough why do you still have all those Sunspot scoops?

I will take the 720i every day over anyone's elses scoop because of its light weight...

Agree CFM-ct

Seen a few post's on the 720i , bent in on the middle of the bucket, no problem with the lifetime warranty , however i am not OLD School , i like to try new scoops , expecially with better materials , like 316 SS , and titanium, i have all 304 stainless at the moment , but can't say my future equipment will be 304 , now that higher end material's are out, just like detector technology, computer's, phone's TV's, everything become's out dated , the question is , are you willing to spend more money on updating, and or for new equipment , over the winter i have got my Excal Blue's Moded, when ever the AQ arive's , it will be ran with OBN skullies , getting that machine will be in question , it will be like my new- one day-Telescope , ya never know till ya try it, after the hype we will see, i do agree with you , on nothing is wrong with the 720i, yes i still have all my SunSpot scoop's , 4 to be exact, One Classic modified, 2 Sugar Sand's modified with 1/4 inch hole's, one 920 IX , one Xtreme X3 with Anderson CF , one Stavr M-9 , all 304 stainless , ALL good scoop's , i am one who update's , you are not, plain and simple, even though i am not an avid hunter, in Earl's world , he like nice updated toy's, and the list will grow even more soon, Criag it's not just detector's and scoops' i have with minimum use , you be surprized to know, other toy's are kept cherry to, surprized the Cherry GT and ETP didn't sell , i guess noone want's a nice machine with a small amount of hours', happy hunting. PS ill chime in with you guy's later, Lisa is coming down tonigh with Breeze, it's been so hot and humid lately Shogun has seen no action , we will take them swiming this weekend, i had tree branches come down, along with trimming on my property , gotta clean it up, cut the grass yesturday , goota hit the grocey store , clean house , do the laundry, some of us don't have a wife to take care of it , like you do, don't have a problem doing the outside yard work, cleaning this house is another animal, i originally wanted a rancher , not a cap cod, but it's all good here in LSD , Lower Slower Delaware :waytogo:

Seen a few post's on the 720i , bent in on the middle of the bucket, no problem with the lifetime warranty , however i am not OLD School , i like to try new scoops , expecially with better materials , like 316 SS , and titanium, i have all 304 stainless at the moment , but can't say my future equipment will be 304 , now that higher end material's are out, just like detector technology, computer's, phone's TV's, everything become's out dated , the question is , are you willing to spend more money on updating, and or for new equipment , over the winter i have got my Excal Blue's Moded, when ever the AQ arive's , it will be ran with OBN skullies , getting that machine will be in question , it will be like my new- one day-Telescope , ya never know till ya try it, after the hype we will see, i do agree with you , on nothing is wrong with the 720i, yes i still have all my SunSpot scoop's , 4 to be exact, One Classic modified, 2 Sugar Sand's modified with 1/4 inch hole's, one 920 IX , one Xtreme X3 with Anderson CF , one Stavr M-9 , all 304 stainless , ALL good scoop's , i am one who update's , you are not, plain and simple, even though i am not an avid hunter, in Earl's world , he like nice updated toy's, and the list will grow even more soon, Criag it's not just detector's and scoops' i have with minimum use , you be surprized to know, other toy's are kept cherry to, surprized the Cherry GT and ETP didn't sell , i guess noone want's a nice machine with a small amount of hours', happy hunting.

I'm offering beach hunting lessons this year Earl... I will help you find those yellow rings of precious metal that are alluding your scoop... :laughing:

I don't need to update jack... my old school tools of the trade find the good stuff... you have the best stuff and no gold... don't give me any excuses... I've heard them all over the years...

Come On Down

Ill let you break in a Deus, and a CTX with minimum use , i am curious to see what gold you bring up on my beaches, answer i will bet JACK, OBN might want to get on that bet :roll:, the beaches here are not rock and hard bottom were nothing sinks from the early 1900s and remain's able to get, fresh drops only with junk jewlery , you might find a silver , or tungsten carbide ring here, or phone, but the odd's are against you, it's not Ca , or Fl here , plain and simple. At the end Craig , it doesn't matter what equipment you have , or use , if your happy with what you have , and use , it's OK :D PS :laughing: Come on down , you give me a lession ON MY BEACHES , if you find gold, checking your pockets first :lol:, i will treat to dinner. IF you don't YOUR TREAT, bring plenty CASH :shock:

Back
Top Bottom