An Indian Head day!

Keith

I got out today and managed some nice finds. I found 2 IHs- 1884, 1906 (6 inches deep), a 1920 Wheatie, and a nice three-ringer bullet. I was wondering how old the bullet may be? It is in excellent shape! HH, Keith.

Attachments

• ihs_100.jpg
    ihs_100.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 231
  • bullet_951.jpg
    bullet_951.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 248
Picture of the bullet. What kind of bullet is it, and how old may it be? Thanks, Keith!

Way to go on the two IH's. The three ringer looks old but id'ing it is well outside my realm. I'm sure someone will have an answer for ya. Thanks for the pics.

Nice finds, Keith! The bullet does look old; perhaps one of the relic hunters here may be able to help you in dating it.

Angel

WTG on the IH's. I have found several, but the top one is in a lot better shape than mine. Good job there.

Nice indians Keith. They're right up there with WLH's and Mercs for design favorites for me. BTW, I've found a bullet similar to that before. Mine had a lot more oxidation on it, but I do not believe yours or mine are any older than the 1930's if even that old. Is it about a .38 or .36 cal?

Great coin! congrats!

If you could measure the bullet and give its diameter then probably someone on here could ID it for you. From the lube grooves and age you can be certain it's from a blackpowder rifle.

Real nice Keith!
I have yet to find a bullet like that, awsome!
The IHs I've found are usualy pretty bad shape compaired to yours.
Once again great job - keep it up!
Jeff

Nice going, Keith! You must have a special place to go to every week. Good luck in the near future, Keith!

Back
Top Bottom