a nothing special day

mega

My brother and i ?*hooked up for a little hunt today at one of the demo sites we found. We finally hit a 12'x20' area that finally spit out something other than trash, must of been a sitting area. Man i cant wait for the 4.5" coil to get here:)

We didnt find any silver but my brother loaded up on the wheaties, i only found like 4 :mad:

Heres brother Wodd looking for any signs of a sidewalk, gravel driveway and where the house once stood. The old crusty fence. And MY finds.

Attachments

• wodd.jpg
    wodd.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 201
  • fence.jpg
    fence.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 181
  • loot.jpg
    loot.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 196
Nice lookin' spot you guys got there, Mega.
Yeah, a 4.5 coil would be perfect for around that fence. Can't blame you for holdin' your breath waitin' for it.
Shrubbery and grown-in spots seem to have discouraged earlier detectorists, 'cause I've found a lot of old coins that was inside spots like that... mainly my 2¢ piece.
I guess some people just didn't want to go through the trouble to fight their way in, or they didn't have a small enough coil, huh? That's fine with me. :grin:
What's your bro swing?

If you're finding wheats in there, you can almost bet there's a silver dime nearby. Keep hunting that spot.

You know, I can almost hear that silver calling... :lol:

The site looks very good, and with wheaties found there, silver dimes might not be far behind. :grin:

Angel

Gonna try to get out tomorrow but a cold front is moving in, it was in the mid 60's today. Silver is there and me or us wants it :D

My brother is swinging an IDX PRO and getting good to quick i might add  :D
. He looking into getting the MR bill mod done to it.

Went over the arial photo and mapped out where we were hunting. We gotta  hit that old 2 story farm house, it just looks so good sitting in them wood all alone.  ;)

Attachments

• bb12_600_x_465_288.jpg
    bb12_600_x_465_288.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 189
You can't go wrong with Mr. Bill's mods, I hear. He da man!!! :lol:

Spot looks very promising. The small coil will help in ares that are hard to get at with a stock, or larger coil. I have several places I want to go back to when I get my smaller coil. Just too much hassle with the stock coil.

Well we Just finished a short hunt this evening at the same place and we did pretty good. Still confused as to why we have to be dead overtop of the coins to get a half way repeatable signal. There only like 4 to 5" deep max. If we do long sweeps over the target we get a real jumpy target id but if we narrow the target down with short swings>4"by 4" swings back and forth it seems to help some. Any clues? Both detectors act the same, Gti2500 and IDXPRO. The window to get a really good signal is so small. :o(

Me finds a piece of silver,two wheaties and a masury paint token?. Hope to get more soon :D

do you have alot of dry dirt? might be a lack of moisture. just a guess :?:
anyway congrads on your silver

Ha ha! Told you there was a silver dime nearby! BTW, maybe the ground there is mineralized badly? Perhaps the detectors were being affected by it. How about power lines?

Hey Mega, ya might want to run an old lawnmower over that area. It might just pay off. Reduce the falses and let you get closer to the matter at hand...... :yes: ........Gil

Actually the dirt is pretty wet. (rich black dirt) unlike what we usually dig in (which is red mud). Next time we go out i'll check for some power lines.

And yes you were right> and i hope to get more silver  :D

SWEET> MY brother does own a John deer riding mower. Wonder if i can get him to ride while i detect :roll:

Speaking of my brother, he found this cool looking emblem. Its about 2x2" umm cant remember what it says. HOPEFULLY he'll jump on here and fill us in :!:

Attachments

• cvcv_480_x_359_108.jpg
    cvcv_480_x_359_108.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 191
Nice catch, Mega!  I got one something like it (my favorite so far... for relics, anyway). Mine's about 2½ inches square.

Attachments

• militaryinsignia2_911.jpg
    militaryinsignia2_911.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 180
mega,
seems like you are finding that same old silver dime for months now. when are you going to find something like a civil war belt buckle. :lol: :lol: :shock:

See ya messed that all up. I was gonna post a MEGA finds 50 1964 rosie's in the same hole, 3' down:shock:

Heh and as for the C/W belt buckles> I found an infinity of them at scout camp :roll:

Hey Krom what does your emblem say. Is there any history to it? BrotherDUH what does your emblem say. Your off today so i expect you to do some research on it, or better yet i think it would be a good day to cut some grass :D

Later, i gotta go make some green :P

Mine says "E Pluribus Unum". I bet your bro's does too, Mega.
This is the symbol that's painted on the floor of the Oval Room Office in the White House.
I think mine was some sort of lapel pin worn by wives of soldiers during one of the wars we got in to.
It has pin "anchors" on the back, but the needle part's gone.

Krom,
My eagle does have the same writings on it but instead of a pin, it looks like it has a screw cap on the back. Don't want to take a chance of breaking it to see for sure. Thinking maybe made to put on a jacket or hat. Because it does have some weight to it. Thanks for the imput Krom.
idxwodd

here ya go

Attachments

• cid_x_480_x_359_594.jpg
    cid_x_480_x_359_594.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 174
I'd definately say for a hat... like this guy's:
This "hatpiece" display used to be whole, but later they made the "head brass" seperable so the Brass-o didn't leave bits of the white polish (well, it turns white when it dries) in ther cracks. Something like you have would come with a brass backing that all screwed together with the "nut-bolt" action on the back when it was put on the "class-As" head gear.

Attachments

• aitpic2_911.jpg
    aitpic2_911.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 169
Back
Top Bottom