Jos Schlitz Brewing Company?

eh7

I am assuming that is what this cap says... Not sure entirely but was curious if anyone knew much about this company? Evidently the company itself is old, but not so sure about this cap. . .

Came out of my yard.. This spot the house was built on was a pull off spot for boozers evidently lol. Every 2 feet I find old beer cans and some broken bottles. I'm not sure if its even worth digging still but maybe ill find something in all that mess.

My first dig in 2 or 3+ years today with my old F2, hoping to upgrade to an AT Pro (mainly because I want something water proof to get in the rivers around here with.)

Any ideas how old this cap may be? I had to stop rubbing the cap because the lettering started going with the dirt.

Nothing super exciting but maybe I can start putting together some dates on this trash in my yard lol.

Thanks All!

brewco.md.png

An iron cap with all that rust, steel actually.
Just a guess but I would say 50's to 60's era.

An old company that has been around a long time...still is.
"The beer that made Milwaukee famous" was their tag line in all the commercials they used to run on tv back in the day in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and others in that area of the country.

From their website...

Experience Timeless Taste.

Brewed in the USA since 1849, Schlitz defines timeless taste. Crisp and light with a faint sweetness, the beer that made Milwaukee famous is finished with a prime blend of Cascade, Mt. Hood and Williamette hops. This refreshing icon is for those who appreciate heritage and premium craftsmanship.

In reality it was always semi popular because it was cheap, not because it tasted good because it really doesn't.
Those that have more money, even just a little more, usually buy other brands.

Schlitz has been a Milwaukee tradition for a long long time.
They closed the big brewing operations here about 20 years ago, but they have been making a comeback recently:D

Thanks Everyone! I may keep digging the yard, even if it seems to be loaded with beer can tops and bottles lol. Looked up one of the bud light cans i dug and it looks to be in the 1950s range as well i think.. maybe there is some good stuff in amongst all that trash. Its pretty bad lol. The old house that was down the road must have liked beer. (my house sits at the start of the old road that led to a single house or two). There are a lot of old places around here, excited to get back into it.

Back
Top Bottom