Best Career Coin Dug Yesterday

CZconnoisseur

I still can't believe it....:shock:

Yesterday I got out for a short time to the local park to hopefully pick up several nice coins before it got windy and colder.....I wasn't prepared for what the detecting gods were going to let me have, however....

The very first signal on that outing sounded good in one direction, but then scanning 90 degrees the signal got clipped and wasn't nearly as smooth or clear. Decided to dig it anyway - and got down to the 9" level to see a silver rim! Picked it out of the hole, and saw the date. I remember thinking to myself - "I need an "S" on this coin!", so I very carefully moved the dirt off of where the mintmark should be - lo and behold there was an "S" there! There may have been some hootin' an hollerin' as well - I knew it was a rare date but not the third-rarest in the Barber dime series! :lol:

The Carrot was still indicating in the hole, and also from the 9" level came a very rusty square nail that was 2" from the coin - this no doubt affected the signal in one direction!

The rest of the hunt was slow-going, but I did manage to eventually get a Mercury dime and two Wheats from 7-8" deep not too far away - just missed the dime trifecta again, but I'm still in shock and every now and then look at the coin, like the mintmark is going to jump off the back and run away!

This year has been overly generous with the older silver coming out of the ground, I've never dug so many quality examples from several local public parks EVER! Who knows what the next signal will be :?:

Attachments

• SAM_3069.jpg
    SAM_3069.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 281
  • SAM_3071.jpg
    SAM_3071.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 286
  • SAM_3074.jpg
    SAM_3074.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 292
Just checked ebay since I know nothing about coin values and you got a very valuable coin! Looks to be in great shape too.

Amazing find! Congrats on the rare Barber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom