Local Park Finds Mar 9th

H Desert Digger

Forum Supporter
I got out for a couple hours today and hit two local parks, the first produced little but a nice conversation with a local resident who was curious about my finds. The second park produced what my wife called a "crack spoon" a pocket knife and another mood ring ( I have found 3 or 4 of them now). Along with the knife, spoon and ring, I found a few coins and the usual suspects which is can slaw, pull tabs and random bits of metal trash.

NOTE: The knife was found open with the blade exposed hidden just out of sight under the grass. If you don't already, consider wearing gloves. When I went to find the target, I ran my fingers over the blade but I did have my gloves on. My finding this knife may have saved someone from a having a bad day.

HDD

3.9.17finds.jpg

I use the knives I find for probes.

The legal ones anyways. Its amazing how many knives get lost in parks. Last knife was a throwing knife. I could see some kid getting sliced open on that. That looks like a good gerber there.

I always wear gloves now

Sliced my thumb open pretty badly on a broken piece of glass last year. Ever since I've worn gloves every single dig. Someone would have gotten hurt on that for sure. Scary!

Back
Top Bottom