Beware. there is another Turtlefoot out there!

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
I found out tonight that there is another person out there with the username turtlefoot. This turtlefoot has been posting on racist and slanderous forums and Web sites. PLEASE KNOW THAT IT IS NOT ME. I know that anyone can use any name they want on forums, but it really upset me when I was approached in a private conversation about a post that was made on one of these sites. Not real happy about this right now.

Doug

Thanks guys. I am just frustrated right now. I hope that the ones out here who "know" me know that I would have no interest in slanderous sites. There are a lot of casual hobbyists and newer people out there that do not know me and I am afraid that with deeper Internet searches, my nickname is going to start being associated with things that I am not associated with in any way.

Sorry to hear this Doug! You do so much for the community here!

If you wanted, maybe you could change your user name to THETurtlefoot.

Check with Rudy or Craig if you want that done.

Man that's terrible!!!
I have had a few exchanges with you and know you are not that type of person.

Hope everyone on here (and other forums you may be on) realizes that !!

Hope it all gets fixed up

Well that just plains sucks. Makes you wonder about the guy that found the posts and brought them to your attention. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, you know who you are.

how many people are now going to google turtlefoot to see what you're referring to. LOL :laughing:

As far as I am concerned there can be only one Turtlefoot ! the rest are just poor imitations ! When in doubt just ask for ammo information to weed out the fakes

Everyone who knows you on this forum Doug would immediately know it is not you if they read a racist post under the name Turtlefoot. Sorry you have been out in this position, but remember we've got your back. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I appreciate it. I have considered changing my handle, but I don't know if it would be possible for me to change it everywhere I use it. If this becomes any bigger of a problem, I will have to do something.

Doug

Turtlefoot,

I have always found your posts interesting and informative. I also think you are one of the most helpful members here.

I am sure anyone who is familiar with you will know you are not behind the "other" posts. Keep your head up and don't let it bother you.

Tru

Well that just plains sucks. Makes you wonder about the guy that found the posts and brought them to your attention. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, you know who you are.

I agree. Doug we appreciate your contributions to this site and to our hobby.

Sorry to hear that brother! Never thought identity theft would get this out of hand! Youve always provided nothing but learning words when I've read your posts. Thats just ludicrous!

Attachments

• LUDA.jpeg
    LUDA.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 174
I wouldn't sweat it, the internet's a big place. People are foolish if they make that connection.

Back
Top Bottom