1916 D merc!!!

albiediggin

Elite Member
First off I cannot get a pic of the mint mark cause the coin is so worn that it can only be seen under a loupe :lol:. I know everyone here loves pics and I wish I could get one but sorry not this time :no:. Anyway I dug this about a year ago but just realized what it was yesterday as I was going through all of my silver coins. Still in shock as I never thought it was possible to dig one here on the east coast. Going to have it professionally graded so when it comes back there will be a pic :cool:. Can't believe it as it is by far the best coin in 25+ years in this hobby :D!!! Surely a treasure that will be with me for the rest of my life!!!

WOW! Good thing you double checked your coin collection. Good luck on the grading and can't wait to see those pictures. : )

Wow! Great find. Congrats on a rare dime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow u waited this long to discover it hey better late then never cant wait to see it graded congrats

Wow u waited this long to discover it hey better late then never cant wait to see it graded congrats

It was one of those coins where it is so worn that I didn't pay much attention too. Just gave it a quick look at it then just put with the other coins and forgot about it. It's so worn that kinda embaressed to send to get graded :lol:

I'll show you my S if you show me your D... Mercs people... talking about Mercs! :shock:

Attachments

• CAM00242.jpg
    CAM00242.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 340
  • CAM00246.jpg
    CAM00246.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 337
For those of you who are thinking this is a hoax because there are no pictures, I can tell you it's not. I was there the day he dug it and I looked at it a few days ago when he re-discovered it. It's worn quite a bit as he mentioned and the D is very faint but it's there and has been confirmed by a local coin dealer.

CONGRATS Alan!!! That spot was very kind to both of us. :yes:

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

Back
Top Bottom