Key return tag

SBA701

Found this today. I wonder if anyone knows how old it is?

Attachments

• Image30.jpg
    Image30.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Image29.jpg
    Image29.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 321
Very cool find. I remember, sometime last year, someone found one for a gas company in St. Louis, if I recall correctly and the old Ford keys were still attached. They were pretty old too...

Mike

I found this last year. I was able to date it by the Secretary of State's name. He served in the 1920's and again in the early 1930's. They look to be made very similar, so may well be dated about the same.

picture.php

picture.php

Hope that helps.

Hello SBA701 - Nice find, congrats!

These pieces were used as key tags also. We found this one, dated "1920" last fall, it is from a hotel that burned down around 1930.

I really enjoy digging stuff like this because there is a story around many of these finds and there is more "airconditioned-with-a-cold-beer-digggin'" to discover the story after the finding them.

Attachments

• B 111911 A W Raley Edgewood Hotel Obv.jpg
    B 111911 A W Raley Edgewood Hotel Obv.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 197
  • B 111911 A W Raley Edgewood Hotel Rev.jpg
    B 111911 A W Raley Edgewood Hotel Rev.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Edgewood Hotel 1921 Post Card.jpg
    Edgewood Hotel 1921 Post Card.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 195
I really enjoy digging stuff like this because there is a story around many of these finds and there is more "airconditioned-with-a-cold-beer-digggin'" to discover the story after the finding them.

Ha Ha... Spot on! I agree 100%. There are three aspects to this hobby that I find extremely rewarding, the recovery, the research and the cleaning.

Mike

Ha Ha... Spot on! I agree 100%. There are three aspects to this hobby that I find extremely rewarding, the recovery, the research and the cleaning.

Mike

Too right!! We sometimes spend more time after a hunt with the cleaning, eye-balling, and research than we did finding the items.

Coins are great and I love finding them but mystery relics are sometimes better.

C9

Back
Top Bottom