Winter Storm Grayson

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
It's been snowing for about 8 hours. I talked to a friend in central Jersey and another friend in Orange County NY, but we can't tell how much snow fell. I have places on my driveway that have nothing and other places that have 7 or 8 inches. I think I'll do the logical thing, put a dvd movie on, open a beer, and take a nap. Who knows with wind gusts at 40 mph I might not have to shovel at all, but it's cold enough that a leaf blower is a better choice than my snow blower.

My parents and sister live in Florida. They are complaining about the cold. I told my sister I felt real bad for her. She might have to put on long pants. :laughing:

Here in NC, I think I'm just on the outside band of it and may not see more than a flurry , but it is dropping into the teens , maybe single digits once or twice. But it's colder than it has been here in quite a few years. Maybe it'll kill some of the bugs come springtime. Ya'll be careful up there , stay warm.

I got up at 6 like always the temp was 7 degrees forty five minutes later it's down to 5, supposed to warm up to almost 13 this afternoon. Tomorrow it's going to get cold.

Ugh. I hate the Weather Channel so much. A few years back they started to name big storms as a pure marketing move. Now it's starting to leak into the mainstream. Saw the name mentioned as a suggestion to book travel on Expedia. The meteorologists I know and work with absolutely hate the Weather Channel for this and a few other reasons.

I suppose since TWC's audience has dropped off considerably these past few years, they're willing to go to any length to get their audience back.

-15 yesterday morning. Wind chill was -28. Didn't stop me from grilling some steaks and having a beer outside last tonight. Bunch of warm-weather state pansies.

Back
Top Bottom