My first Tax Token!

BentRod

Elite Member
Funny thing is I'd just mentioned yesterday on another forum member's post (bushmasta) that I'd love to find a WA Tax Token. Well, tonight it happened! I stopped by an empty lot on my way home from work where I knew a house had stood in the early 1900's. The site was choked with weeds and there was a lot of iron trash in the ground, so thought I was not going to find anything good in the 30 minutes I had to hunt. After wading through the heavy signals for about 5 minutes I had an interesting hit that stood out from the background. 3" down and I flipped over a crusty coin. As soon as I saw the hole in the middle I knew what it was. I tried to take a photo in the dirt, but my camera wouldn't cooperate, so settled for a post-hunt tailgate shot. Invigorated I continued to search the area, but only managed some canslaw, a bottle cap, some rotted unidentifiable leather with a rivet in it, and some other misc. trash. The Token was the only good find, but a great one for me. It was on my bucket list. Will definitely be going back to that spot soon :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3618.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3619.jpg
    IMG_3619.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom