Time to Post It!

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
It's been a while since I found gold. I almost started another day count. Okay... I DID start a day count, but didn't post it. 222 days. :mad: I was in counseling until last Sunday. :crazy:

Like our friends to the south, we were getting some strong swells. Apparently some seasoned hunters found our area difficult to hunt. GREAT! :thumbsup: I found a couple areas where the sand moved and I was down to some compact soil. (Insert image of R5 patting himself on the back here).

In the morning, I came across some scallops that were giving up some heavy greenies. I kept pulling quarters and nickels for about two hours before I heard one of the nastiest groans ever from the GT. I would have sworn it was trash, but the threshold returned a nice mid tone, so I dig. Sure enough, the T-Rex retrieves 2.2g of 18k. "THERE YOU ARE... COME TO PAPA!" :yes: The very next target, about 30 feet away was the 925 with the pearl (or what ever it is...). :D

I went home, cried in my beer for three hours (you figure it out), looked at the tide charts, got the nod from my bride, and off I went to hunt the afternoon low tide. Different beach, similar results. The GT was incredibly quiet as it nulled with almost ever swing. I slowed waaaaay down. After about 45 minutes of pulling greenies, I dug another 925. Another 45 minutes later, I see something shiny on the ground; a clean quarter, and about five feet away, another not so clean 925.

image.jpg

This was my best hunt in ~3.5 years of detecting. I've seen you (yes YOU!) posting multiple rings and tons of clad. Never have I seen four rings in one day. An Au and three Ag plus ~$8 in green clad had me smiling ear to ear. NEVER thought it would happen with the competition in our area. Only one thing would have made it better... maybe tomorrow.

R5

Sweet job on the rings. And 18k prices are way more appealing than 10k prices.:yes: Now it's time to strike while the iron is hot and hit every possible tide while you have these conditions. Tell the little lady that you'll see her next when it's sanded in.:yes: I'm sure she'll understand.:D Good luck and congrats.

Gld and silver is so........ um last year. We are only posting platinum now.:laughing: jk man those r some sweet finds....nice day.

Dew

Sweet job on the rings. And 18k prices are way more appealing than 10k prices.:yes: Now it's time to strike while the iron is hot and hit every possible tide while you have these conditions. Tell the little lady that you'll see her next when it's sanded in.:yes: I'm sure she'll understand.:D Good luck and congrats.

YOU... and your 23 pieces of gold. You're the one who put me in a straight jacket in the first place! And let me tell you, it hasn't been easy swinging a detector in that thing, say nothing about retrieving the target! :laughing:

Good to see you posting again Scott. You've been on a hot streak. Conga-Rats to you! :egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

I wouldn't have posted this unless I knew the door on the tides was shut. I'm looking forward to any winter erosion we might get.

R5

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratz David, you sure put in the effort!! You run into Jake or Dale during any of this? Helps remind me "my day will come"! :D

YOU... and your 23 pieces of gold. You're the one who put me in a straight jacket in the first place! And let me tell you, it hasn't been easy swinging a detector in that thing, say nothing about retrieving the target! :laughing:

Good to see you posting again Scott. You've been on a hot streak. Conga-Rats to you! :egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

I wouldn't have posted this unless I knew the door on the tides was shut. I'm looking forward to any winter erosion we might get.

R5

LOL, hopefully we'll see some sand movement on both coasts in the coming weeks. I went today and got skunked, heck, the only reason I found the gold I did recently was I accidentally started detecting during the negative tides and once I got one I went hog wild and tried to hit 'em all.:lol: I can feel things changing here on the coast of Massachusetts, it was very fall-like today. Finger crossed for a bad winter.:D Good luck out there.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratz David, you sure put in the effort!! You run into Jake or Dale during any of this? Helps remind me "my day will come"! :D

Actually, I was surprised I didn't see much of anyone. I know other hunters were in the area, but obviously not where I was hunting. Even the Seabees were in hibernation. :D

R5

Nice ones David, congrats on the big day!!

Whoa... LOOK who's here!

Thanks! It's been a long time coming, and likely because I wasn't following in YOUR wake. Somehow I need to find a way to keep you busy during the winter. Hey... You do residential... Right? :laughing:

R5

Whoa... LOOK who's here!

Thanks! It's been a long time coming, and likely because I wasn't following in YOUR wake. Somehow I need to find a way to keep you busy during the winter. Hey... You do residential... Right? :laughing:

R5

Residential? For sure!:)
But just so you know, hunting takes priority over work in the winter:)
If we even get a winter(storms)?!

Congrats on the gold and silvers! I love the buttery look of 18k!

I would be hitting both of those areas again but grid it in a different direction this time.

Hurry before it sands back in! :D

Congrats on the 18k and silver... some gold will come in sounding like foil... I love that tone :)

Congrats on the gold and silvers! I love the buttery look of 18k!

Ummm... that's "cheddah" not "buttah". :laughing:

Crumb... I've been waiting for lipos from Hobby King for two months! :mad: I know it takes time to ship from Malaysia, but really? Did you have problems with them?

Did you know it took 70 days for one person to row a boat across the Atlantic from Africa to the Caribbean? Maybe they have my lipos with them! :laughing:

R5

Congrats on the 18k and silver... some gold will come in sounding like foil... I love that tone :)

Yup... I read about it, but until you experience it, you just don't understand.

R5

Awesome hunt there, big congrats!!

18K is very rare around here, (2 out of 218), way to go man!

Now go get some mo!!

<*)))>{

Nice finds! Persistence pays off...well not always for Raider Fans

THERE he is! Post #6! Welcome back!

"Win, lose, or tie... Raiders 'till I die." Lord... just make it quick. :laughing:

R5

Back
Top Bottom